M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got offerd a 9 today, its a black 2007, the thing is its done 23000 miles, it has been well serviced, fully stamped book and i can get it at a good price, but i just cant get past that milage what do you guys think, any more high milage 9,s out there???

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was thinking about mileage lately and to me that doesnt sound like a heck of a lot of miles. I rode 2000 miles in a few months and many people on here double that and more. I mean they arent supposed to blow up after 50,000, 60,000 or 70,000 miles, right? We can get almost 200K out of our trucks now if we do it right. Yes there is a maintenance cost during the journey with them, but I think these bikes should go well over 100,000 miles. Don't you guys?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I know of lots of guys on these boards that have 30,000+ thousand miles. Heck, Lucky has over 30,000 miles on his bike and he has pistons, cams, and nitrous.

:agree:with jacksuncle, this motor should get 100,000 miles easy. Once when I was up at McCoy's shop I asked him that very question and he said it was a 100,000 mile motor "easy". He said that other stuff on the bike may or may NOT make it that long but the motor was very well built.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I was parked with some friends at a coffee shop a few weeks ago, and a guy came from across the parking lot to look at my 9. After a short chat he told me he used to have one and loved riding it, and that he missed it. He told me he bought it new and sold it with 2nd gear blown on the tranny with 160K on the clock. He said aside from the tranny he had no problems with it

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was parked with some friends at a coffee shop a few weeks ago, and a guy came from across the parking lot to look at my 9. After a short chat he told me he used to have one and loved riding it, and that he missed it. He told me he bought it new and sold it with 2nd gear blown on the tranny with 160K on the clock. He said aside from the tranny he had no problems with it
I'm guessing that's Canadian kilos? :joke:

So that's what ... about 90,000 miles or so?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bought mine brand new Jan 08,
50,000 Km on the clock now, 30,000 Km with the Turbo on and still running strong without any problems!! so much so that i am going to put another 3lb boost into it :evil::evil:

If it has been well looked after, i wouldn't worry about the miles on the clock!!

:bigthumbsup: Terry..

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I'm over 50,000. I like it more now then new. I have a 08 at home with only 5,000. I rather drive the 07

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think suzuki can build a decent bike. My old '86 GS550EF had around 50K of absolute abuse (poor thing) and held together relatively well. I can't say perfect, but decent....

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
I would say at 23,000 miles it's just broken in good. I cleared 21,500 last weekend and I think the bike runs stronger than it ever has.

So based on my experience with cars and trucks, it's either broken in or ready to blow up. :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts