M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm thinking of picking a couple of these up, but have a question. Is there a push to talk option on these? The only reason I want to know is I'm a singer when I'm on the bike. I totally find myself belting out the lyrics to every song on my ipod when I'm toolin down the freeway. I highly doubt the person in the other helmet wants to hear that, so I'm wondering if there is a way to have push-to-talk with these...
Also, does anyone use these WITH earbuds? I'll have earbuds or earplugs in when trying to use the Scala. Are they loud enough to make it over it?
Thanks in advance guys!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
If you want to sing, just move the mic down or up out of the way. It has to be close to your mouth, or you'd have to be singing pretty loud, to get the VOX to kick in.

You can kick the intercom on and off manually by pushing the Multi Connection button momentarily, or disable the VOX completely by holding the volume up/down buttons down at the same time for 3 seconds.

And on their loudest, if the speakers are positioned right in your helmet, you should be able to hear them over your earbuds. They are pretty loud when turned all the way up.

They work well too. We've had a pair of them for 2 years now and the batteries still last for more than a full day riding. Ours are the Multiset which also includes the FM radio.

Here's a link to download the manual if you want to read more of the details.
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/manuals

·
Registered
927 Posts
If you want to sing, just move the mic down or up out of the way. It has to be close to your mouth, or you'd have to be singing pretty loud, to get the VOX to kick in.

You can kick the intercom on and off manually by pushing the Multi Connection button momentarily, or disable the VOX completely by holding the volume up/down buttons down at the same time for 3 seconds.

And on their loudest, if the speakers are positioned right in your helmet, you should be able to hear them over your earbuds. They are pretty loud when turned all the way up.

They work well too. We've had a pair of them for 2 years now and the batteries still last for more than a full day riding. Ours are the Multiset which also includes the FM radio.

Here's a link to download the manual if you want to read more of the details.
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/manuals
:agree::agree: Got a set for ride to AZ and couldnt imagine going on a long trip without a set now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts