M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drinking at a bar after work. Looked up and saw a Black M109 on the television screen. Suzuki has a commerical out for this bad A$$ bike. It looked good.

Oh, I bought a 2006 MeanStreak. I know! I know. I could have had a M109R. I am too chicken. :eek: Not quite trusting my skills yet. Only been riding 3 years and still have a ego( like to show-off) problem. I love the bike but don't really trust myself with that much testosterone.

One day! 8)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sell it, get the 109. there are people here who bought the 109 as their 1st bike. atleast you have 3yrs. experience. sell it now, you wont regret it!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had an '04 Meanstreak before my 109. You'll be just fine when you move up. Wise thinking to know your skill level, and not try to push it. Besides, the Meanie's a nice bike.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I had my brand new VTX1800F only 3 months before I saw and rode a 109 in person (my buddy had me ride his 9). Now I am selling the X and my BLACK 9 should be delivered any time now. (Have been riding since I was 12 years old though-and am 40 now, so I respect that you want to work your way up to a Hayacruiser).

·
Registered
343 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
you have chosen wisely,Grass hopper, but soon you will gain wisdom and skill ,Only then will you know ,The Dragon
Now that's funny.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
M109LOVER said:
I had my brand new VTX1800F only 3 months before I saw and rode a 109 in person (my buddy had me ride his 9). Now I am selling the X and my BLACK 9 should be delivered any time now. (Have been riding since I was 12 years old though-and am 40 now, so I respect that you want to work your way up to a Hayacruiser).
Yes you are moving up in performance a little but the f is nothing to compalin about. I had 1 that I bought to do a 240 kit and high compression pistons. I already had the wheels, swing arm and everything I needed. Then I kept looking at the 109. Lets see, comes stock with a 240 and its a soft tail, comes stock with high compression pistons, comes stock with dual intakes and it was designed for these parts not modified to use them.

I bought the 1800f for $10,400 used with tons of upgrades. Sold off all the upgrades and had maybe $9000 into it. Spent about $4000 for all the parts to convert and that was a killer deal from Hal and his hurricane sale. Then I looked at the 109 some more. Lets see Dealer in Sebring Florida was selling new 109's for $10,400.

I painted the 109 and took it the local Honda dealer. With the custom paint it went in one day and I netted $10,500 after his fee. I bought a new 109 for $10400 sold my parts for what I paid for them. Now I have a killer 109 designed from the ground up to have everything I was going to add to the vtx. I saved $4000 in parts and made $1500 in the trade out of the vtx parts.

I spent 8 great months riding the 1800 f around, made a few dollars and now have a killer 109. Before I forget I would have dropped another $3000 - $4000 to put in high compression pistons and cams and still would not have the performance and handling of the 109. So I think it worked out great.

OH! I also got a killer leather jacket for free. Now when I want a traditional cruise with tons of chrome and good looks I rdie my other vtx. When I want a killer cruiser and a really big smile, I ride my 109. You will enjoy but remember the vtx 1800 f is a great bike but the 109 is awesome. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
With the 109 you don't have to be moving to show it off. All you have to do is park it by other bikes and it will show itself off. I did it today and I had HD riders drooling all over my Black 109. They all thought it was at least a 20 grand bike. This is my first street bike and what I can't show off in riding ability my bike does it for me sitten still. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
went on a ride today for toys for tots with about 60+ bikes tons of harleys and tons of customs. a vtx and a rune. yep blurple rune..... what a awsome bike. but everybody kept coming over to my bike and asking what it was... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: well i had fun..just love this bike...

·
Registered
398 Posts
You should have just bought the 109 from the getgo. My 109 was my very first bike and even thought i was scared shit less at first of it ,little by little i got used to the power and handling. I feel extremely confortable with it now. As long as you dont loose respect for the power it has you should be good to go.

Soon you will find that the mean streak is not powerfull enough for you and youll be wanting a 109 and guess what ...no matter what ,you will end up loosing cash in the process of trying to sell it or trading it in. Exactly why i just went straight for the 109.. i dont have cash to be throwing around for different bikes.... i dont regret it one bit!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
::) After reading on this board that about 50% of the 109s sold are coming back to the dealer WRECKED, I really respect someone who is honest with himself, and knows where his limits are or better where to set them for him/herself. :bigthumbsup:

Furthermore I don't understand people who try to convince someone to get a 109 If they don't feel they are ready for it yet. :mad:

Yes, I speak out of experience. :redfaced: I Let myself get talked into buying something witch wasn't for me. :( Three months later it was totalled and my Guardian Angel had to do overtime. :( :( :(

Know YOUR limits, and don't let anybody talk ya into something else. :doorag:

Just some personal thoughts. ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
VZR1800 said:
I had an '04 Meanstreak before my 109. You'll be just fine when you move up. Wise thinking to know your skill level, and not try to push it. Besides, the Meanie's a nice bike.
Me too..the same..I agree with all the above!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I also had a 1600 Suzuki Marauder(Kaw Mean Streak)that I traded for the 109...I love it.(I do wish I coulda kept the 1600 too tho!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts