M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Depends on if I'm coming back from NYC Friday night or Saturday morning. Where ya rolling out too?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Pm Rod, i think he wants to try the parkway sat , you guys with real jobs just kill me ,,,,

Enjoy and post up pics ,for us losers in retail :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Let me check with my boss, the wife, but I want to go ride on saturday. I will post a yes or no later tonight.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm working a prostitution operation tonight until 3am. Chances
are I won't be up in time in the morning to join y'all, which sucks
because the weather looks great!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, since no one else is taking the lead...

How about we meet at the Varina Pit Stop/ Dairy Queen (near I-295 & Rt 5) at 9-9:15. Kickstands up at 9:30 am.

We will go down Rt 5, hit the Colonial Parkway, and have arrive for lunch at Yorktown Pub around 11:30 - noon.

Ride back: Still to be determined...

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I'm working a prostitution operation tonight until 3am. Chances
are I won't be up in time in the morning to join y'all, which sucks
because the weather looks great!
Thanks for the heads up but i gotta tell ya, you're killing my love life
:joke:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess when I start a post I should come back and check it. I am meeting a small group from Star Riders at Casey Cycle in Newport News at 9am. Kickstands up nlt 10am. We're going to take 17n to the parkway, then the ferry across to 10 and down 10 back to Newport News. I figure we'll be gone about 3 hours tops including the ferry ride.

I may turn around at Jamestown and head back down the parkway to Yorktown for lunch, instead of taking the ferry ride. I'm about tired of the ferry anyway. If anyone from Richmond area is heading that way, give me a call on my cell (seven5seven390zero5ninezero).

Kevin, let me know if you want to try to make it to Casey's before 10am.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hey, Wood2b

Ok, since no one else is taking the lead...

How about we meet at the Varina Pit Stop/ Dairy Queen (near I-295 & Rt 5) at 9-9:15. Kickstands up at 9:30 am.

We will go down Rt 5, hit the Colonial Parkway, and have arrive for lunch at Yorktown Pub around 11:30 - noon.

Ride back: Still to be determined...
Hey, this is a SATURDAY ride, where's Brucey-Lucey Wood2b??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enjoyed seeing you guys at Yorktown Pub. It was an awesome day to ride. I'm not rubbing it in for those of you that couldn't make it. I hope you all have a chance to get out and enjoy this cooler weather before it comes to a screeching halt. Have a safe and happy 4th.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good ride today. Germ and I were the only ones from Richmond, but good to meet Gigantor and XCoastie9er today!

WARNING: Rt 14 between 360 and 33 has been re-paved (good thing), but there is a LOT of gravel in the turns(BAD thing).

·
Registered
488 Posts
hey let me know when the next one is, I will try to be there and this time we will pick a faster route. Lol I felt like the beast was being caged. Nonetheless, great ride and awesome company.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Rod, thanks for setting up the ride. I needed to ride somewhere. Rt 14 has some loose gravel in some of the curves. They put new gravel on the shoulders when they paved the road and cars hit the shoulders in the curves and splatter gravel on the pavement. Once the gravel is gone there will be plenty of new pavement and it is really nice. The ride to the Pub was a nice one down rt 5 and across to the Pub on the Parkway. It was good to see Bill again and to meet Michael (Gigantor). In the picture posted above by Rod, you can't see it but Michael is really standing on a milk crate.:joke:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts