M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who happen to have seen the Sammy Hagar bike poster and like the look of the right side air scoop....... I have some news for you. ITS FAKE!!!! The unit is non-functiional. I wonder if the bike even runs...

This was funny.... I had a good laugh.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I wonder if it's like the Cobra one. If that's the case, it seems like I heard that Cobra actually made a single air filter that goes between the jugs and the ram-air scoop you see instead of the stock filters is there to funnel air into the single filter. If so, it may very well be functional.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
Lamont posted some pic,s a long while back with his fingers sticking thru them.I never heard about the airbox mod thing tho.Id love to hear or see more about it
If you look at the Cobra site that shows the bike, they list under the engine section about a Unifilter (which to me suggests they stuck one in the airbox) and custom made scoops. I'm guessing the scoops are just there to force more air into the airbox at speed. I cannot say for fact that it's functional, but the fact that Cobra lists an airfilter, I would have to assume there is one on the bike. I'm almost 100% certain that somebody else said the same thing, and that it is in fact functional, but I don't know what post it was in.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I saw the Cobra bike two weeks ago at the Delmarva bikeweek event. They did use a unipod type filter and removed the airbox. The "decorative" scoops seem to direct fresh air toward the filter. I would assume it works, but I question putting the filter under the tank, I think even with the scoops, you probably would get better air volume with the filters on each side pointed forward. I think there's be too much turbulance with the air bouncing all over the engine and even with a supply of fresh air, I still think it would be colder coming from out in front of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts