M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I bought my bike in early March. I had been on site reading the horror stories about overfilling the oil from the dealer. When I purchased the bike I told the sales rep. and service manager about the overfilling problem. Since this was their first 109 to sell he told me thanks for the info and they would check it, no prob. I left the dealership with my S#*t eating grin and went on my way.

I just took my bike back in today for the 600 mile maint, again telling both service mgr. and sales rep again about all of the probs with the overfilling and they said "no prob" we will check that. 1.5 hours of checking all the bikes out on the showroom, they came to tell me that my bike was ready, two different people came to tell me before I got back to service. When I walked into the service bay my bike was back up on the lift and the mechanic had the hand pump back in the bike and said "I overfilled it". When he took it for a test ride it much have started leaking. He told me that he got it back to measuring properly on the stick and should be a prob. When I got home 30 miles later, sure enough - oil was blown all over the left side of the bike.

He told me that service manual says 3400ml, but my book says roughly 3000ml. I guess this is the prob.

Man this pisses me off. I will wake up in the morning, do my yard work then dig into the air box and clean it up.

Sorry for ranting, but damn, how many times do you have to tell someone before they notice.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but I can only say one thing.
DO IT YOURSELF. No one to blame but yourself if it is wrong.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
They offered the same thing to me for over filling my oil when new, and I also told them about the problem. I said, no thank you, I'll take a service manual instead. And they agreed and gave me one.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Do it yourself.I am a firm beliver of 3.8 qts means 3.8 gts,not 4.The valkyrie dudes would put 4,3.9 means 4,no it don't.It did not come out of the Valkyrie,but you are better of with too little than too much. Sorry dude

·
Registered
817 Posts
BigBubba said:
Hi All

He told me that service manual says 3400ml, but my book says roughly 3000ml. I guess this is the prob.
I'm sure your tech would love to dismiss it as a Suzuki manual problem. ::)

However, both manuals clearly state that it's 3000 ml if you DO NOT change the oil filter. It's 3400 ml if you DO change it. Of course, who doesn't change the filter at an oil change?

These dealers need to hire techs who can read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts