M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to one and all. I'm a newbie to this board and have joined because I am shopping for a replacement to my late, great and beloved blurple baby - an '02 VTX C model that was totalled about 9 weeks ago in a 50 mph collision with a deer. I had the pleasure of riding a friend's 109 during the summer and I must say that it grabbed me much as my first spin on the X did, firmly by the cojones.

Well, I started looking, in earnest, about 10 days ago for a new ride and frankly I was only interested in another VTX. Oh, alright, I did consider the Rocket III as well. One thing led to another leading up to my speaking to a pal of Lamonster's, who ultimately referred me to the man himself. Lamonster is no brand snob, I believe that he hates all brands equally ( he owns a VTX, too). So, after chatting with him for a good while and sharing my likes, dislikes preferences and riding style with him, he said that I should really take a hard look at this motorcycle again. And, voila, that is why I'm lurking here, basically looking for a new ride to help me put my recent mishap behind me for good.

Any help that y'all might render is most welcomed. I cannot wait to get back up on two wheels. I'm looking for a square deal on a used 109r or Xniner as I refer to it in my handle here. Thanks in advance...

Regards & respects

Philip aka Xniner

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well first off, glad you are with us after a 50 mph tangle with a deer, and congrats on meeting the man himself, Lamonster. I'm sure that if you spend enough time here you'll see what an awesome place this is to get all sorts of info on one of the best bikes out there. If you check out the classified section you'll be able to find some good deals on used 109s. :welcome:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Glad you found your way here Bro. :bigthumbsup: Start asking some questions, these guys pretty much have all the answers. I think you're going to love this bike. :doorag: :super:

By the way I do love all bikes and the 109 happens to be my bike of choice right now. looking a the folks here I think I picked the right bike to fall in love with. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
:welcome: I don't think you'll find too many deals on used 109's, although I did luck out at Carter Powersports here in Vegas and found a pre-owned one for $10,900. They call 700 miles pre-owned, so I was the beneficiary of some other guy's indecision. I only say that because it seems most people love 'em so much they would never sell it. I could've gotten a brand new one but it was silver and I wanted to go fast! :D :joke:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
just buy a 109. don't bother wasting time considering anything else. you won't regret it. none of us do.

there's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Xniner said:
Any help that y'all might render is most welcomed. I cannot wait to get back up on two wheels. I'm looking for a square deal on a used 109r or Xniner as I refer to it in my handle here. Thanks in advance...

Regards & respects

Philip aka Xniner
Don't let anyone fool you, Black is the only way to fly. :welcome:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
When you're ridin' you can't belive this big beast can handle so well, ride decently, be so comfortable,sound good,put around,run to redline so linelarly with character,get good gas mlg and just make you think,"I done GOOD! :D :D. Then when you "dismount" & LOOK at this beauty, you KNOW this is one of the BEST deals you ever got! Just how I feel. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:welcome: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome to one and all. :D I already feel at home here. and I'm gettin' the feeling that there's soon to be a brand spanking new Suzuki in my life. :doorag: That will be the second one in my life over 41 years of riding. It all began on a Suzuki 50 in 1965. Shoot, saying that makes me feel old, but we all know how those years melt away when we're on two wheels!!! :bigthumbsup:

:super:Special props are do to 'ya, Lamont :super:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sledzep01 said:
So where are you located Racer X?? Up near lamont??

Sledzep
Nope...I hail from a beautiful place called Long Valley up in the Highlands of northwestern NJ. Actually it was another Georgian, KEWL-X out of Roswell, that hooked me up w/ Lamonster. Can't wait to get down to the Dragon's Tail to meet some of y'all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts