M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
very informative. interesting reading. the numbers for multiple vehicle accidents is much higher in this report than government conducted, national reports (75% vs. 60%). i.e. these guys are reporting that it's more the car's fault than the cyclist than the govt is.

·
Registered
775 Posts
interesting; definately shows a certain pattern in several areas. along those similar lines, more than 70% of passenger vehicle accidents in america are caused by the less than 1% of drivers who have suspended or revoked licenses. wich is why i say if your license was taken, " STAY OFF THE ROAD"

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Good reading on the "HURT" report and made me remember the night I was coming home at around dusk. Just coming off extended high-speed highway cruise on Yam FZ600 and as I approached the first slow down entering town I relaxed and took one hand off the bars to give it shake, when suddenly from my left I saw a blurr and felt large whack in the left hip that nearly pitched me off the bike. Being curious as to what slammed into me, I did a quick u-turn and all the while thinking I may have hit an owl, due to the time of day. To my amazement, I actually collided with a flying squirrel!..poor little guy. Could not believe how hard this little guy hit me and the force felt so much larger. Thats my 1%...it can happen.

·
Registered
443 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm surprised that it is not included in the Summary

-- one of the most prominent (and practical) conclusions of the HURT Report was that the single most effective strategy for a motorcyclist interested in avoiding one of those cager-motorcycle collisions is to equip his/her vehicle with one of those headlight modulators that flashes your headlight on and off at a set frequency. The frequency is actually specifically designed so that even if the cager is "lost in space" it will have an impact on his brain circuits.

·
Registered
665 Posts
tomph1 said:

-- one of the most prominent (and practical) conclusions of the HURT Report was that the single most effective strategy for a motorcyclist interested in avoiding one of those cager-motorcycle collisions is to equip his/her vehicle with one of those headlight modulators that flashes your headlight on and off at a set frequency. The frequency is actually specifically designed so that even if the cager is "lost in space" it will have an impact on his brain circuits.
Allot of guys around here use them. Sure gets your attention. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna have to look into gettting that for the front headlight.

I notice those all the time.

G

·
tomph1 said:

-- one of the most prominent (and practical) conclusions of the HURT Report was that the single most effective strategy for a motorcyclist interested in avoiding one of those cager-motorcycle collisions is to equip his/her vehicle with one of those headlight modulators that flashes your headlight on and off at a set frequency. The frequency is actually specifically designed so that even if the cager is "lost in space" it will have an impact on his brain circuits.
My #(&(*&#$ m109 already looks like I have one. First time riding in the dark was tonight and I could tell by the road and signs that my loose headlight setup (way to go, Suzuki) was imitating one rather nicely :eek:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My #(&(*&#$ m109 already looks like I have one. First time riding in the dark was tonight and I could tell by the road and signs that my loose headlight setup (way to go, Suzuki) was imitating one rather nicely
lol.

p.w. where'd you get that nice looking seat cover dynamos2000? she really spices up the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts