M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, I am using the good ol' tried and true Craftsman Motorcycle/ATV Jack from Sears. It is a bit of a struggle to get it all the way under the bike, and quite frankly is scares me. Maybe I'm not doing it right or whatever, but the whole process seems very precarious to me.

I am wondering what methods some of you experienced wrench-dudes consider the best/safest way to get the M109R up in the air.

Thanks much

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Wanted said:
Right now, I am using the good ol' tried and true Craftsman Motorcycle/ATV Jack from Sears. It is a bit of a struggle to get it all the way under the bike, and quite frankly is scares me. Maybe I'm not doing it right or whatever, but the whole process seems very precarious to me.

I am wondering what methods some of you experienced wrench-dudes consider the best/safest way to get the M109R up in the air.

Thanks much
I have the same jack and had trouble getting in under my 1800VTX/C. I found some pieces of 2"x10" pine board that I had laying around. I placed three pieces on the floor just in front of the tires and kick stand and rolled the bike onto the pieces. No problem with the jack fitting under the bike and you can really see the botton of the frame rails when positioning the jack. I hold the bar when jacking the bike until it rests flatly on the jack.

G

·
I have used the craftsman motorcycle lift for years and never had any problems. There are tie down straps with this lift, and I highly recomend using them.

Reed

G

·
I'm using the same Jack. I've had it for years and it didn't fit under any bike I've had to date. I use the same method as Bob109. Put boards under the wheels, stand the bike up, and lift. Works Great :bigthumbsup:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts