M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really love to be there to meet some of you guys (and buy some of the 109 performance bits), but the logistics of getting there beat me.
>>12 hrs or more waiting in airports, 4 flights and arriving in Charlotte at 11.30pm to drive/navigate myself (at night) to Hendersonville was just too much for this country boy.
Anyway I hope all goes well, everyone has a safe trip, the weather is kind and all expectations are exceeded. Will be thinking of you with envy!

Oh .....and a special thanks to Hal, who went out of his way to help me try and get this trip 'floating'.

My consolation prize to myself is a trip around the Sth Island (NZ) with an Alpine crossing through the 'High Country' and around the Western coastline that bounds the 'Lord of the Rings' scenery.
  Ohh..... and the whitebait season is open....WestCoast whitebait fritters.......mmmmm!

I leave in about 2 hours....catch a ferry (about 2am) and am riding in the Sth. at 6am.Â
Have to leave the 109 (quite a bit of gear I need to carry and it will very likely be wet), so it's the FJR 1300 for the week.
I'll try to get photo's posted for anyone interested.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I think that would have been a world record for the longest BBQ run. :D I know one of the cooks and it's really not worth the trip. :joke:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hey Lamont,you grill like I do. Everything burnt to perfection. :D Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts