M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have wore out the keyboard trying to find an answer to this question and have not so I'm asking for your help.

I have the Cobra Standard Sissy bar w/ Luggage rack and am looking to add some removable Saddlebags to the mix. I also have the Saddlemen BR3400 seat bag which I will be mounting to the rear seat. I have had the K-Drive Saddlebags on order since May 27th but they've told me today that it's at least another month before I would possibly get them which does not suit my needs. I'm going on a 2000 mile trip in mid-July. I am thinking about the Saddlemen Quick Disconnect Saddlebags since they don't require the under the seat strap but I don't know if the existing Sissy bar with interfere with the mounting of these bags. My questions is, does anyone have a setup like this or do you know if this setup would work?

Here's a link to the bags: http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=7409

I'm also open to other suggestions for saddlebags. I'd like them easily removable and on the larger size to store more stuff.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jay

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have Leather pro bags they are convertable takes just seconds to remove but you will have the brackets left unless you remove them toodon`t know if the set up you are going to use will work with the sisy bar though but I think it might be fine will probly hold the bags out a bit further is all here is some pic of my 9 with the bags on it

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Come to the BIG meet this Wednesday. I have two sets of bags and supports that I am giving away.

·
Registered
138 Posts
saddlebags

I've been going nuts trying to figure out my setup too. I think I'll end up getting the quick release Tsukayu 'strong bags' vinyl covered, even though the setup I want will end up being a bit pricey. They seem to be large enough and quality built. Don't know if anyone else on this site has a similar setup or experience with these bags they can offer some practical advice on.

http://www.tsukayu.com/strong M109R.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saddlemen bags and Jardine quick release sissy bar

I bought the Saddlemen "rigid-mount specific-fit quick-disconnect drifter saddlebags" from Dennis Kirk for the M109. I had to buy threaded rod and cut it to fit the M in order to get them mounted just right. The posts that come with the setup are way too short.

The bags are very large but do sit square to the bike. There is even enough room for my Jardine Quick release sissybar (with passenger handles) to fit between. I think most bags look odd on the M because of the way the back fender tapers away from the wide part of the seat. These are a little wide, but are a good compromise of price, functionality, and remove-ability.

The good news is both are quick release so i can get them off and restore the M back to its intended look. The hardware left behind when the bags and bar are "released" is a little unsightly, but not too bad. When i get home from a trip i remove the four bolts and saddlebag brackets anyway.

The good news is that this is an option for those of us who love the M for what it is and want to take it, a passenger, and plenty of stuff wherever we go.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've been riding with road king bags on easy brackets for the last three years. They go better with the bike than any others I've seen. LOTS of room. I really recommend them. Trick is then the backrest. I'm looking for one that mounts to the rear seat.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What tools you used to take off the factory bolts on the fender I'm trying to install the sissy bar and rack but I can't get the bolts off I don't want to strip it with the allen wrench

1 - 9 of 9 Posts