M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:joke:Anyone have any recommendations for saddlebags?  I don't really want hard bags, just something i can throw on for a long weekend.

G

·
ppridgen1 said:
get some inexspensive ones
Those look good - if I may ask, where did you get them?

Also, could you tell me more about the backrest? Any photos of it from a different angle?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Love the design if you could send me some more pictures it would be great. I am in the navy and work in a metal shop so could be plausible for me to make easy. Just afraid of tearing up the seat. :bigthumbsup: :D :a18: :2cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
saddle bags are from a leather shop here in titusville fl.had to adjust the straps up and punch lg holes on strap to let the seat rubber stoppers thru. they're pleather(or naugahide if you perfer) zip offs . They're angled and measure 10" tall 6"wide and 16" long.also made a quarter inch barstock cage inside to maintain their shape to keep 'em off the wheel.seat is a different story.I stripped the seat cusion off then made a 2" aluminum bar to fit and welded a piece of rounded edged flat stock (half inch thick to it)then used one half by three quarter inch flat stock aluminum bent to fit and strenghthen the welded area .It works great momma bout goes to sleep on it
How about a how too, with some detailed pics of your seat, love how it turned out and the look... +1 :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
do they have some big enough to hold a laptop and the related gear that goes with it?

I do PC work for a living, and carrying a laptop would be nice...

·
Registered
686 Posts
BigBen said:
do they have some big enough to hold a laptop and the related gear that goes with it?

There are very few bags that are large enough to hold your average laptop, and I think anything that big would look terribly ugly on the 109. My Volusia has the factory bags on it and my laptop doesn't fit in there. I finally resorted to a small backpack made to hold a laptop. It's a little annoying, but better than having butt-ugly bags on your bike.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
If you search there are actually many bags made for laptops on your bike... Just not saddle bags. Although I think one of the threads mentioned above has bags that are considered medium when you look them up sp... you could get some bigger

What you will find is lots of stuff that goes on the seat or on a rack that can hold a laptop. I am currently commuting daily with my laptop on my back... It makes you hotter than you need to be.

A few bungee buttons and I will attempt to strap my backpack across the passenger seat.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BigBen said:

Sure they do. They come with shoulder straps. :bigthumbsup: I have to agree with the other person that responded to this question... I think if there was a saddle bag large enough to carry a laptop, it would look horrible on the 109. The Cor Tech bags I have work great, and really keep the lines of the bike flowing nicely. They almost look like they were designed for this bike.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Leather and chrome always go together.

My Inspiron 8600 will almost fit in my LeatherLyke bags...and mine are a smaller version of the bags. Domn8r (IA board) has a set for his VTX 1800 that are much larger and should easily fit my laptop.

Of course...you could always get a smaller footprint laptop.

·
Registered
317 Posts
this topic has been covered before. do a search. i vote for the cortech bags. you can even get a matching top bag if your riding solo

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the Cortech bags. Went on a 2.5 day trip and I LOVE them. Worked flawlessly, come off the bike with the tail bag in about 2 minutes. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Man medic those look awesome on your bike!! I am going to send you some questions.....I think I want to get those bags!! How do those fasten to the bike....I went to their site and it said something about "quick releases"??

G

·
I like those alot, but have my rear turn signals mounted on the fender strut. Wondering if that would interfere with the bag. Anyone have a clue on this???

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bruno said:
I like those alot, but have my rear turn signals mounted on the fender strut. Wondering if that would interfere with the bag. Anyone have a clue on this???
Yeah, I think you will have problems with signals mounted on the strut because the bags drape over the struts completely.

hellrazr72 said:
Man medic those look awesome on your bike!! I am going to send you some questions.....I think I want to get those bags!! How do those fasten to the bike....I went to their site and it said something about "quick releases"??
I responded to your PM before seeing this post, so I didn't answer the question about the quick release. Basically you have 4 straps with male/female quick release buckles. Female ends remain on the bags... one in front and one in rear of each. Then you take the pigtails that have the male end and loop one through each passenger peg support slot and one around each rear turn signal. This way you can quickly remove the bags and take them with you. I have since removed stock signals and plate mount and replaced with Cycle House plate mount and Kury Small Silver Bullets. Much tighter fit for the straps to squeeze between the signal and plate, but it still works great.

Aw Heck, they always say a picture is worth a thousand words.... Here's some pics of the quick releases and how they attach to the bike. Please excuse the dirty bike... I just got home from work and got caught in some rain.

·
Registered
844 Posts
What happens if you want to put on the passenger seat? Can those straps fit under the seat? Or does the old lady have to sit on them??

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
tomph1 said:
  What happens if you want to put on the passenger seat? Can those straps fit under the seat? Or does the old lady have to sit on them??
They can be mounted under the passenger seat. I would imagine that you would need to remove the neoprene pad under the cross strap though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've had mine mounted under the rear seat and didn't have to remove the neoprene pads.
You might have to in order to get them under the seat cowl though. I have mine on top just like in the previous pictures. The come off so much quicker that way.

Mazatrol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts