M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this when looking at the news paper from back home on line (I'm from Baton Rouge but working in Minneapolis).

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/3563537.html

I'm a new rider and a new M109 owner (Some people here don't think they should go together). Anyway, I don't know if I'm seeing and hearing more stories like this one since I started riding or if they were always there. You know how you see more of a type of car after you buy one?
I know accidents happen but are people really this blind to riders? The guy was on a bike that is probably one of the more "visible" bike out there. A POLICE bike!! I've read some of the "cell phone close calls" that were recently posted and those were scary enough. I Hope I don't become a statistic! :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very sad man. I hate stories like that, but they tend to remind you not to take life for granted and enjoy every minute of it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Someone died 1 town over from me in Suffolk Va. Sunday night about 8:30 pm , another motorcycle accident...details are still unknown.

·
Registered
122 Posts
yes, i do agree when you are a new rider you notice a lot more accidents. About 3 weeks ago here in ok. 2 riders were killed. man and wife. a truck was hauling a tractor on a trailer. The trailer disconected from the truck and went into oncoming lane hiting riders. In this case even in a car it probably would have ben deadly. I hate to even post sad stories like this, but after seeing and hearing this story it makes me more aware of how i now load and secure things in my truck and trailer. When i ride on the highway i make sure i dont ride behind trucks or trailers hauling loads. Everyone please be careful!

·
Registered
355 Posts
A friend of mine told me that there was a major bike wreck last week on the Interstate where we live near Dallas. The front and back wheels were touching each other on the bike. Since I started riding I have prayed that I never put a rider in jeopardy in the days when I never seemed to notice bikes. Now I watch for them constantly when driving the car and watch for cars constantly when riding the bike. Be safe M109riders!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
New rides, its my first bike to :bigthumbsup: but I figure as long as we use our heads and don't over ride our ability we will be fine. Its all in what you get use to, we are starting on the upper scale :D I've noticed alot more rider deaths since I've been riding. I figure all we can do is use our heads and defiantly our eyes and trust in the Lord. Have you taken the MSF safety course yet ? I have and it probably saved me from wiping out in the smokies, I would highly recommend it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts