M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help.
My bike is an 08 and got 550 miles on it. Bought it with 436.
What I have on it is B&B fuel management,K&N filters,Scorpion tips and Ducks covers.
After we put it all back together the FI light was on and was running rough from the beginning. But I was told that it would,so that wasn't a surprise.
To set up the B&B you gotta ride the bike for a 100 miles non-stop. We did that yesterday (the FI light was on) and nothing changed at all. It is bogging a lot,can't rev it over 2800 rpm.
So today we worked on the code,it is C14 (TPS). We did everything a book said, but the code is still there. We tried and by-passed the B&B,no difference whatsoever. We disconnected the battery,same crap still.
Any ideas?
TIA!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Call me... Because of the FI light, your bike is in limp mode. When you connected the B&B to the TPS, something is either not pluged in, or the connection there is bad. Your bike can be fixed rather easily. PM sent.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Call me... Because of the FI light, your bike is in limp mode. When you connected the B&B to the TPS, something is either not pluged in, or the connection there is bad. Your bike can be fixed rather easily. PM sent.
:agree::agree: Several people even with the Power comander have had issues with the TPS connection going bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My bike did the samething. It turned out to be the JSD advancer. After taking that off and riding the bike for 20 miles the code cleared and the bike ran fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts