M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

First of all a HUGE THANKS to Jeff for helping me get my PCIII, Big Shots and Air Mod last Sunday. Jeff you are the man and despite my frantic trip to NH, I had a BLAST!!!!!!! So we uploaded a map that Jeff had onto my PCII but I am running rich, I can smell gas and am getting a lot of backfire. She runs great when I am beating the piss out of it but sounds like crap when I am trying to hold a steady RPM. I was just wondering if anyone had had a similar issue and had a better map or any suggestions. Thanks and I hope you are all out this weekend getting some miles behind you!

Thanks

Fred

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Fred, by backfire you mean decel pop or is it actually backfiring? When are you coming back up? I can use a different map...I have several. I bet those monster air cleaners are letting in a bunch more air. How are they staying on? No problems so far? You should look into a custom map for your bike. See if you can get an appointment at Naults for some dyno time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
POP

Hey Woody,

I had trouble the day after we put them on but got it home okay, I replaced the hose clamps at the top and got those rubber caps like u recommended and have had no issues in that sense! I did return my parts that we didnt use and they did have the white/siver filters the same size as yours but only had one so I bought it. I like the look of the monsters that I have on there, but I feel like the smaller ones will stay on there better. So I will get another one when it comes in, but for now those hogs are it! As for the backfire, its not just on the decel, its all the time, you can just tell its not right. Idle is fine but if I roll on the throttle and try to hold it steady, its Snap Crackle and Pop all day long. do you have those maps in a format that you can send via email to me? I wont be in your area until I get a new rear, Mine is DEAD! Bosox has one that he is going to give me soon so that will help bigtime. Also I have a plce here that Dyno Tunes that I will get a quote from, wondering if I should wait to get that other smaller filter first tho. I want ot have it all buttoned up and ready to ride asap.........

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
:congrats: I use a fi2000r so have no maps wish I could be of some help but sounds like you are in good hands with woody.when you get a chance post some pics :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Set your bike up first then take it to a dyno. Or bust out a lap top and play yourself. Play and learn.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the help everyone,
I am going to get a tire from Bosox today and hopefully drop the bike off tomorrow. Today I am going to smaller filters on my air mod and changing the oil...... Once I have the tire ready I need an inspection and I will get a Dyno so I should be ALL READY for this weekend which looks like a nice one!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am going to get a tire from Bosox today and hopefully drop the bike off tomorrow. Today I am going to smaller filters on my air mod and changing the oil...... Once I have the tire ready I need an inspection and I will get a Dyno so I should be ALL READY for this weekend which looks like a nice one!
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
That sounds like a good plan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts