M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Just got my 109 in Oz & currently running her in.
What I have started noticing is she Backfires a Bit when coming down thru gears to pull up at Lights.
Yeah the Note sounds good, But Bike is cutting out occassionally.
Revs are up & its not stalling IE:due to low revs.
Is it possibly a bit clogged up & needs a bit of a squirt to clean her out as still
running at low revs (Under 3.5K ) as only done 300km so Far.
Or could it be Fuel related. I Only run premium petrol in her in Oz.

Fatcat downunder in Oz

·
Registered
414 Posts
I took it easy on my bike for the first 50 miles then changed the oil and filter, then from there on I ride her like I stole her...

·
Registered
158 Posts
fatcat said:
Guys,

Just got my 109 in Oz & currently running her in.
What I have started noticing is she Backfires a Bit when coming down thru gears to pull up at Lights.
Yeah the Note sounds good, But Bike is cutting out occasionally.
Revs are up & its not stalling IE:due to low revs.
Is it possibly a bit clogged up & needs a bit of a squirt to clean her out as still
running at low revs (Under 3.5K ) as only done 300km so Far.
Or could it be Fuel related. I Only run premium petrol in her in Oz.

Fatcat downunder in Oz
Ha Fatcat, I had the same issue, I had them re-map the air intake and it works like a charm :D (its a little rich when you pick it up. The best people to talk to on this site for this issue are Lamont, Hal, Perry, JR, ITguy or anyone that has made changes to there air intake and exhaust)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
depending on how you "pull up" is going to matter on the popping. if you blip the throttle a lot it's going to pop more but to get rid of that you are going to have to run block off plates on the PAIR valves. fancy smancy name for clean air crap. the block off plates stop the ECU from injecting air into the exhaust ports on the off throttle/high vacuum mode. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts