M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for new wheels, but have a delimma. Can anyone tell me more about running a 21' front wheel. Do I have to get the front end raked for clearance or can I alter the rake of the headstock of the frame, or just leave it as it is? Any advise would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
No you don't HAVE too. Its a matter of personal preference. I installed a 21 on my brothers 109 and actually like it w/o the rake. I'm sure someone will get on a say something different but I'm telling you this from my own personal experience. Here's a pic ENJOY!
And No it will not hit the radiator under heavy braking.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
No you don't HAVE too. Its a matter of personal preference. I installed a 21 on my brothers 109 and actually like it w/o the rake. I'm sure someone will get on a say something different but I'm telling you this from my own personal experience. Here's a pic ENJOY!
And No it will not hit the radiator under heavy braking.
Pictures don't do it justice, it looks even better in person. It isn't my style but it still looks great.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Carlos... did you run the forks level with the top of the triple tree or does it work okay at the stock fork height:bigthumbsup:?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOLD!!!!! Thanks Carlos, she looks beautiful with that 21 up front. I will be ordering my coastal motos this weekened!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts