M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been doing quite a bit of ridding lately with my brother and a friend of his.

My brother rides a Monster edition Ninja 600, his friend Chad rides a CBR600.

The first time we all met up to ride was a few weeks ago. They were both in love with the looks of the 9, but both commented that they would love to ride a cruiser if they were not so slow. I chuckeled on the inside and figured I would let them judge for themselves if I was slow.

For that first ride, they had me up front so they were sure they did not loose me.:evil: Buuuu-Haaa-Haaaa-Haaa

We headed down a nice country road but were behind slower traffic, so speed was no issue. We came to our first set of dashed lines and I passed 3 cars, a Harley, a semi and the trash truck slowing the whole line down.

Chad made it to the trash truck and my brother made it to the semi.

When we got to my place they joked that I waited until they were not looking got away from them.

Since then, we have been riding and the 9 has won over both of them. They have never lost me and I have had to wait for them a couple of times.

Every time we ride I apologize for holding them back on my slow cruiser. They now laugh at that. They took to calling it the "Bull", shortening Boulevard I suppose.

So, we were out riding around this weekend and I was up front. Not for speed but because I have the GPS.

We were running good and on all kinds of nice twisty roads.

I came to a stop sign and there was nobody behind me. Oh, they will be around that last bend in a second. I had just seen my brother right behind me with Chad bringing up the rear.

I am not sure I even waited a full minute before I turned around.

Two turns back by brother left the road and went into a corn field.

He bruised a rib, but otherwise is fine, ego excluded.

Mostly kidding, I told him he needs to ride his own ride and not just trust my speed in a corner.

He said he figured if the Bull could do it, the Ninja should have no problem.

I shrugged and said 'rider error?' - He loved that.

Here is his crappy cell phone shot of his bike. It will need some body work, but mechanically it is fine:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, if he had been hurt, I would be telling the story very differently, but he is fine and he is my brother, so it is to be expected.

As for the bike. I see a custom Ninja in the works.:drool:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
You need to quit picking on those little bikes that are 1/3 your size. :D

Glad your brother didn't get hurt, and hope you get his bike fixed and get more riding in this summer. I'd like to ride with my brother some day if he would keep one long enough for me to ride with him.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to quit picking on those little bikes that are 1/3 your size. :D
He called my bike slow.

He deserved it.

Seriously, if you are going to go down, a corn field is a good place.

The standing corn slows you down rather quickly and the dirt is tilled and rather soft.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Glad your brother didn't get hurt too bad.

A few years back, my friend and I were riding home from work. He was riding a GSX R 750 and I was on my 9. He stated that he would not mind cruiser one day, but thought a cruiser would be SLOW. So, when the next light turned green, I showed him how SLOW my cruiser was. He now owns an 08' LE.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
corn may look like a rather cushy place to land a bike, but really those stalks are RIGID. catch one at a bad angle and they will punch right through stuff, like your neck maybe?

glad no one got hurt!

-Nate

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I just think it's funny that the Bull outran and outcornered a crotch rocket. People always expect the 9 to handle badly because of the fat a$$. I've seen a lot of suprised people.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
As I was reading your post, I was thinking those guys on the sport bikes don't know how to ride if they can't walk waaay away from you in the curves....then I see the crash pics. I have my 9 and a GSXR 600 and can tell you that the "small" sportbike will SMOKE a 9...especially in the curves.

Lucky06 is about as good a 109 curve rider as you will find.....many on here can vouch for that BUT I can leave him long, long behind in just a couple curves. It's not his fault; the 9 just can't do what my GSXR can.

You guys keep having fun and stay safe. I'm glad your bro is OK. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
I like the nick name "THE BULL"
Was he very experienced on his bike?
He had the Ninja for about 2 months, but just came off of another sport bike.

As I was reading your post, I was thinking those guys on the sport bikes don't know how to ride if they can't walk waaay away from you in the curves....then I see the crash pics.
I agree that they should be able to. That is why the 'rider error' fit so well.

Now, I do stack the deck in my favor. The 9 has the advantave from about mid second gear, when they are just shifting up. Since I am up front, we take alot of roads where I can use that upper hand as much as possible.

Ultimately though, they think they ride fast because they can hit 150 on a straight highway.

·
Registered
643 Posts
glad your brother is doing okay,

should make for a good chuckle at Thanksgiving dinner when you get a chance to ask him "please pass the corn" :a20:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I allways love to read yoru posts , yea it was rider error , just glad he wasnt hurt worse !
your bike does look like a Bull :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Dude, I was really afraid that this was going to be another "I blew away a sportbike" thread. Thank you for proving me wrong!
Glad that he's ok, excluding his ego.
I agree that everyone should ride their ride.

Good story and good luck with the making of that custom Ninja!!!! That should be one hell of a load of fun!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts