M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..Now that the fall is upon us and riding is now minimal...what is your routine maintainance?? What needs to be checked, changed, and so forth. What do you guys feel is the proper schedule to maintain these great machines that we are so fortunate to have??

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
For me, I fill the gas tank up, run it for 5 minutes with stable in it and turn it off. I then hook up the battery tender for the winter. I personally have never cared about changing the oil before winter and after, but if it makes you feel better do it.

During the winter, I will go look at the maintenance schedule of the bike that is in the manual and make sure it is caught up. Every 2 weeks or so, I move the bike back and forth a foot or two due to the tires being on the cold concrete isn't great.

The other thing I do is go around and check various bolts and torque down to make sure nothing has come loose.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Yea, what he said

:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

For me, I fill the gas tank up, run it for 5 minutes with stable in it and turn it off. I then hook up the battery tender for the winter. I personally have never cared about changing the oil before winter and after, but if it makes you feel better do it.

During the winter, I will go look at the maintenance schedule of the bike that is in the manual and make sure it is caught up. Every 2 weeks or so, I move the bike back and forth a foot or two due to the tires being on the cold concrete isn't great.

The other thing I do is go around and check various bolts and torque down to make sure nothing has come loose.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
whats winter, I'm not familiar with that? LOL

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've changed the Oil & filter (Added some Slick 50 with the 10-40 oil)
Filled the gas tank & put stabiliser, Made her run for 10 minutes
Tightened all bolts & Oiled/Greased her up per period. maintenance
i'll be cleaning her up, remove the battery & put it on a tender for
the winter, and i'll install my bike stand (Hydraulic) to keep her up in the air

A lot of prep. but I love doing this

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you want to find out what winter is come on down to Quebec
in mid Jan ( A lot of times it will gio down to -35, -40 with a lot of humidity) & you'll get a pretty good feeling of it

ps you can't take your bike because it's mandatory to
have winter tires from Dec 15th to March 15th

1 - 7 of 7 Posts