M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 06 is about 50 miles from turning 39,000. Changed the oil yesterday, at 3997 miles. Had 20W-50 in it. The local Honda Suzuki dealer didn't have any synthetic Suzuki 20W-50. Said Suzuki is not making it any longer. Green idiots! So, had to go with 10W-40. We'll see how I like it, since I've never used it. I usually leave the bike upright in a chock. But left it on it's sidestand overnight, so I can do the cold oil level check.

Heading out to a joint on 66 in Arcadia Oklahoma, called Pops. They have a YUGE motorcycle parking area. Should be full today and tomorrow.

Bike is still running awesome. Had it 16 years now. No major troubles. Used to get the occasional shudder when starting off in first, but that seems to have stopped the last two years. Other than that, perfection. Still love riding it, every chance I get.

Maybe I'll take the old camera and get some pics if there are any worth taking.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
I've never ran anything heavier than 15w-40 in mine and it seems to do fine with it. But our weather here is a little cooler than OK weather.

Speaking of Rt 66, I used to spend some time in Kingman AZ which is on Rt. 66. Once when I was there it was literally non stop bike traffic running through and around town for a couple days before the weekend. I40 also passes through there and it was the same. I asked about it and they have a thing called the River Run that takes place in Laughlin NV every year. It would have been one heck of a crowd judging just by how many went through there.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I failed to make it to 39,000 yesterday, It was actually, more like 80 miles to get there. Will get there today, currently at 38,991 miles. Going back out to Pop's today. It was rather droll yesterday, hardly anyone there. Maybe the high gas prices are causing people to stay at home? Myself, I currently have 15 gallons of 93 octane sittin in the garage. $6.40 a gallon when bought on Friday.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Route 66 thing must've been a flop. Never saw much of anything special all weekend. Sunday, finally turned it over 39,000. Also had a guy at Pop's ask me what it would take for me to sell the bike to him. Told him "It's not for sale at this time. I love this bike."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts