M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to replace their rear shock? Little lady says every time I hit a bump it feels like her back is going to break. When the bike is parked it still has play in the rear so know it hasn't collapsed, did put a new gel seat on the bike. I thought a while back I saw a thread about how the rear shock was adjustable, has anyone done this, is it? Does it make much difference? Thanks

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
There are 7 settings on the rear shock use a spanner wrench and soften it up a bit from where it currently is. Just an fyi I had mine set on 7 (firmest setting) and my wife didn't mind it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Adjusting the shock setting can make a huge difference.

There is a collar on the shock with holes that you may need to drop the skid plate to see, but turn that collar and you will change your ride substantially.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I learned from this board that my shock was set at 4 from factory. Lowered it to 2 and................major difference for the wife and me!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
You two are just now realizing, it's a little STIFF:eek: The little ****s that build these 9's, must think we American's all weight 400+ pounds! 2 things! 1st. setting it at 1 we bottomed out, on bumps, #2 works ok, but it's still stiff if you want my opinion. 2nd. MY wife has all-ways said when we hit a bump. I JUST LOST MY OVERIES ON THAT ONE! And would say that, I LOOKED for bumps to HIT!
Put the shock on 2, and live with it!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shock settings

One thing about the niners, there'a always plenty of crackers (torque) out there, u made us laugh a good one, sound like I need to bump it up to 2, never used a spanner wrench do they come in different sizes? What size will I need? Thanks again

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
One thing about the niners, there'a always plenty of crackers (torque) out there, u made us laugh a good one, sound like I need to bump it up to 2, never used a spanner wrench do they come in different sizes? What size will I need? Thanks again
Well as far as size. I'VE BEEN CALLED A FREAK:eek: But maybe i'm thinking of something else:dontknow:

The shock comes set @ 4. And your dealer should crank it down to #2 FOR NOTHING! It will take them 3 minutes TOPS!

OH and it's TORQ
Hope that helps the overies:-\

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Your not kidden Rock! Road a 03 the other day for 75 miles LOVED it:bigthumbsup:
And would love one, buy would not give up the 9! There 2 different tools!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts