M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep this short, but wanted to share this with everyone...

I was riding along enjoying my new M and trying to get the break in. I spotted a guy that was ahead of me on his Goldwing. I caught up with him and stayed in his right side sight. He waived like most friendly riders. At the next light we started chatting and he asked me to meet up at Roosters (little bike bar north of Houston FM 2978 and FM 1488). So, I went and met him there. Great guy, bought me a water and started talking about bikes. He was really impressed with the M and mentioned to me that he thought it was a VRod. Which I didn't take the insult to hard, JUST KIDDING! :D

Then after about 10 mins, a couple of HD guys rode up and walked over to my M. I wasn't too far, so I introduced myself... After the "hello's and handshakes" they started asking all kinds of questions and making positive comments about the M. Which kinda through me off a bit, but was glad to hear it....

Not much of a story; but sure was nice to get out, ride somewhere and meet good people. Anyone in the Houston area, I recommend Roosters. The "Eye-Candy" is great, beer is cold, get a bike wash, and meet some really great people...

BTW: To add, someone pulled up on a Honda Rune... That was a first for me to see one on the streets...

Ride Hard, Ride Soft, but most of all Ride Safe! :bigthumbsup:

ConnRadd

·
Registered
343 Posts
ConnRadd said:
I'll keep this short, but wanted to share this with everyone...

I was riding along enjoying my new M and trying to get the break in. I spotted a guy that was ahead of me on his Goldwing. I caught up with him and stayed in his right side sight. He waived like most friendly riders. At the next light we started chatting and he asked me to meet up at Roosters (little bike bar north of Houston FM 2978 and FM 1488). So, I went and met him there. Great guy, bought me a water and started talking about bikes. He was really impressed with the M and mentioned to me that he thought it was a VRod. Which I didn't take the insult to hard, JUST KIDDING! :D

Then after about 10 mins, a couple of HD guys rode up and walked over to my M. I wasn't too far, so I introduced myself... After the "hello's and handshakes" they started asking all kinds of questions and making positive comments about the M. Which kinda through me off a bit, but was glad to hear it....

Not much of a story; but sure was nice to get out, ride somewhere and meet good people. Anyone in the Houston area, I recommend Roosters. The "Eye-Candy" is great, beer is cold, get a bike wash, and meet some really great people...

BTW: To add, someone pulled up on a Honda Rune... That was a first for me to see one on the streets...

Ride Hard, Ride Soft, but most of all Ride Safe!  :bigthumbsup:

ConnRadd
Dang dude, I wish I would have known you were going to be there at Rooster's. I live about a mile from the joint and would have liked to have met you and scoped out your scoot. Shoot me a personal message or leave a post on the Texas board the next time you'll be headed this way. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OYChoppa said:
Dang dude, I wish I would have known you were going to be there at Rooster's. I live about a mile from the joint and would have liked to have met you and scoped out your scoot. Shoot me a personal message or leave a post on the Texas board the next time you'll be headed this way. :bigthumbsup:
"It's a small world after all"... Okay, enough of that! :joke:

I'll shoot a PM...

I would like to start a "Texas M Riders" Group or "Texas M109 Riders" or something to that effect. I know when I road my VTX, there's a group of Texas X Riders that "Meet N Greet" every Wed. at cafes or bike friendly places in Houston. Let's see if we could get something like that going on here.. That would be cool! :bigthumbsup:

Since Lamont hooked us up with our own little "chapter" on this forum, we can utilize it to getting to know other M'ers! or 9er's! or Zuker's!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts