M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon was too nice to miss the chance of a ride.

A cobber who has a 1200 Bandit was keen to try his new Yoshimura pipe..after a couple of fizz's past each other we had a couple of (impromptu) side by side roll ons from about 100kmph..first one we didn't quite get it right but the by the last it was all on.

Honestly...there was nothing in it....very evenly matched from 100 > 180kmph..didn't need to go faster than that. He was astounded that the big cruiser was easily his match. Good guy..when we pulled into the local bike shop he was quick to tell everyone the 109 was starting to get him at the higher end..I think he was being generous..but the 109 can certainly boogy.
Can't wait for a decent exhaust and for when the PC3 arrives...then, I think, the big beast will be too much for the Bandit

The Yoshi pipe sounded wicked when it was doing about 6/7000 ..a 2.5" carbon one of those would sound nice on the 109.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
there is a new Bandit for 07', almost 1300cc and fuel injected and water cooled. you might watch out for one of these!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The old bandit is a great bike but certainly not a top end performing bike. Its down on power and heavy. A great bike though for somebody that doesn't want the pain of a true sports bike. I am interested in seeing the reviews on the new bandit. I am in the market for a naked bike and so far the Yamaha FZ1 is in the lead.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
cool_hand_luke said:
The old bandit is a great bike but certainly not a top end performing bike. Its down on power and heavy. A great bike though for somebody that doesn't want the pain of a true sports bike. I am interested in seeing the reviews on the new bandit. I am in the market for a naked bike and so far the Yamaha FZ1 is in the lead.
I keep a sporty naked bike myself. I have not found anything better yet than my modded 99' ZRX 1100 Kawasaki. Bought it new in Nov of 98'. Once I see something I like I may replace it. I have over 50k miles on it but now I am riding the 109 more so it won't get worn out!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
cool_hand_luke said:
The old bandit is a great bike but certainly not a top end performing bike. Its down on power and heavy. A great bike though for somebody that doesn't want the pain of a true sports bike. I am interested in seeing the reviews on the new bandit. I am in the market for a naked bike and so far the Yamaha FZ1 is in the lead.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3763&Page=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts