M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mates rang and asked me to come for a ride to the local Harley Dealer.
Being the shy type I made sure I had my "does this make my ass look fat" tee shirt and M109 leather jacket :D
Well the 109 nearly emptied the dealership including salesman :bigthumbsup:
Everyone loved the bike and raved over it as my Harley Buddies answered all their questions for me.
Was really nice to get that sort of reaction from guys who appreciate bikes.
There was a guy there with his 1 day old Vrod with the 240 rear tyre (and about $5k of extras)...all I can say is wow what a beautiful bike it is.
It looked fantastic in dark gray metallic paint but the 109 wasn't disgraced sitting next to it. (I'd have to think that wouldn't I)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Kewl beans bro, personally, I think the V-Rod should have been embarassed sitting next to your 109 due to the fact that it probably cost him 20k+ to get what you have for around 12k- (US price comparissons anyway).

Great to have you representing in the great Down Under! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
- Harley V-Rod - $18K USD
- Fat 240 conversion - $3-5K USD
- Harley Owner's Group membership dues - $100 USD (est)
- Getting embarrased in fron of all your new Harley friends by
having a bike that looks just like yours, but its faster and costs $20K less - Priceless

Metrics, the new sensation amongst Harley customers...

:p :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hi Twin!....(being shy like you also)..a cobber and I rode our 2 silver 109's to a Harley Dealership in a nearby town. They were cool and the Harley Boys were very complimentary about the bikes (as we were about theirs)...must admit, it was a charge walking over to the two Silvers with a crowd around them.. my tight new helmet held my face smiling for about 20kms!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the 109 represents great value.
Here it costs $18990AUD wheras the V Rod owner told me his cost $32000 plus the $5000 in extras

G

·
M109R Fan said:
[glow=red,2,300]- Harley V-Rod - $18K USD
- Fat 240 conversion - $3-5K USD
- Harley Owner's Group membership dues - $100 USD (est)
- Getting embarrased in fron of all your new Harley friends by
having a bike that looks just like yours, but its faster and costs $20K less - Priceless
07's have the 240mm and the 06 rods are going for msrp or less in Nashville (Less than $13.5-14k) which I think is awesome, I hope the trend continues. I love my m109 but I wouldn't hesitate to own the rod either. I look forward to being a HD rider that waves ... one day but not any time soon haha

·
Registered
456 Posts
Tell you what though. I belive in giving credit where credits due. And the New Harley '07 VRSCDX Night Rod Special is one SWEET looking bike. If I was still in the market I'd have to seriously consider it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've got a VRod reserved for a 340 mile ride in November. When I get back I'll post my thoughts on it compared to the 109. I'm actually looking forward to playing with it a little.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think the VRods are outstanding bikes. They've been bashed by old scholl Harley riders because of the liquid cooling and looks, then again cave men 1st feared fire. The only thing I can complain about, is the VRod is a small bike. There is enough horse power, just the dimensions feel small. I'm about 6'1" and go about 250lbs. The bike looks and feels small when I sit on it. That's one of the reasons I went with the 109. It fits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts