M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a little trip to the local Victory dealer with a friend who wants something a little different than a HD. So I rode both the Hammer and the Vegas Jackpot since I was there on my 109. Both have 100 c.i. and 6 spd. w/FI. The Jackpot had pipes, the Hammer didn't.
Both were sporting the 250 out back. The Vegas Jackpot has a 21" front hoop and man does that make it handle like sheet. Alll the way through any type of turn it just wants to stand straight up - all the time. The Hammer has a much smaller front rim and it handles a lot like the 109, but less stable.
I thought some people here might like a direct comparo to the 109. Haven't read anything comparing the two. Power was down from the 109, although it was "carbureted" much better than the 109. Also the Victory motor with and without pipes is a much smoother, better balanced motor. And last but not least, the 6 spd trans is WAY smoother. But overall, I still think think the 109 is the better buy. It is roughly $9k cheaper, is way faster, handles like a dream compared to the Victorys, is much more stable through the turns, and I honestly think it is better looking even if it doesn't quite have the "bling" factor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Thats what I needed to know :D my little brother just got a bug to buy............. & I told him the Hammer was kool 2 so, thanks for the info. He loves my bike but never rode it yet, I told him he better at least swing a leg & get after it. I aggree we could trade off on our rides & share bikes for the fun of it. lol & i'm okay with that. He's a 100 lbs lighter then me & would smoke me if we ran the same bikes head to head :joke: so anything slower would be kool :p

·
Registered
890 Posts
OHHHHHHHH Quicksilver...that's sooooooooo wrong. Set your brother up for a spankin like that :eek: You might just get a surprize once he swings a leg over your 109...He may just forget about the Vic and go get a White bike ;).

Have a blast...

Devilish

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got back from the Victory dealer... A few chaps came out and had to check the 109 out... Really liked it, along with a few customers walking around it outside. A few young riders had their personal rides out back... Now after looking on the Victory site, I'm not exactly sure which one I was looking at since they look similar (i think the Hammer?)... But I have to admit, they were TIGHT. He changed out the exhaust with an Arlen Ness Slash Ness Double Wall Drag Pipe (NICE CURVES), and killer sound!! A few mods to the air box area, and there were a handful of customer bikes getting tune ups... I saw handfuls of grips I've never seen before... But overall, it was a HOTT bike. Just looked very stunning in person with the extras. When I told them the price of the 109, they didn't believe it either... Nearly all employees had a Victory except for the one interested in a 109 purchase. Walking out, I over heard them saying, "that's a bad bike". ;-). On the Victory site, it looks as if the displacement is similar on all bikes, although they were discussing if the 109 would stand up to a certain Victory model on power? I told 'em the 109 easily hits the 150 mark... (By the way... In the last week or so, my 109 has became a lot faster on hitting the high speeds??? I've done zero mods since, but the bike has finally woken up or something... It really has?) The Victory's are stellar compared to prior years. Haha, one asked if I put a body kit on the 109? I was like 'nope' just stock. Took off my mirrors and tried a few in stock, the Ness Micro's looked super hott, but didn't have the right curves... So I went with the Rad II Tear Drop. I think the 109 looks more tough because there are no spaces to look through to the otherside, since the engine is so full of covers etc. I saw a bike that had the rear led, under the fender (long curve style) way bright, but $300 bonez?? I was like I'll make my own or continue on this integrated project on splitting the board. For $8000-$9000 cheaper... I'm satisfied with the 109. I just need bonez or an air-ride. They have a 'remote' control air-ride... Pretty neat if you want to do stuff from a distance, but I'm sure I can rig that up with one of my outputs on my alarm. The wide tank etc made the 109 stand out over the phat Victory's parked next to me. Plus the 'silver' mixed in with all the darks, yellows, and oranges they had there really stood out. And of course being badgeless, it was tough to figure it out. I just have to rid of that tiny 'Suzuki' thing under the speedo. The 240 look'd the same as the 250mm rear. I guess they make an easy 300mm swap for the Victory which they said a customer brought in, and it really looked tough from what I heard. I felt a tad out of place with all these custom Victory's... Prob since I've seen it everyday... But their responses were the same toward the 109... Really got some attention. I didn't ride any, but with GSXR technology trickling down into the 109, I'm sure the 109 would handled better like the previous poster mentioned. The GSXR 1000 is stellar bike on power and handling... So the 109 has a solid background of track racing experience in which the Suzuki team had as a foundation when building the 109. It's stuff like that, which makes the Suzuki a solid choice overall.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No buyers remorse here. Glad we chose the 109.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Rode the Victories before I bought the 109 -- Final impression: they do LOOK nice. After that -- no comparison. No stock Victory is going to even come close to the 109 on performance or handling -- I don't care how much you weigh. ANd they run at least $5,000 more.

After Victory dealership: Next stop -- put my money down on the 109. Would have done the same even if the price was the SAME for both bikes.

MY 2 cents.

·
Registered
702 Posts
tomph1 said:
Rode the Victories before I bought the 109 -- Final impression: they do LOOK nice. After that -- no comparison. No stock Victory is going to even come close to the 109 on performance or handling -- I don't care how much you weigh. ANd they run at least $5,000 more.

After Victory dealership: Next stop -- put my money down on the 109. Would have done the same even if the price was the SAME for both bikes.

MY 2 cents.
Similar experience. I was at the victory dealer 5 or more times for test rides on various models, ended up riding the 109 and Hammer back to back. For sheer low speed cruising and making lots of bling and noise like a Harley, the victory is good. The Hammer styling, to me, is like the step before M109 and after the traditional HD in evolutionary terms.

The major difference is the Hammer feels less capable when your mood changes to "a$$ kickin time".

The M109R can cruise slow and thump out low tones all day, but when you want to fly, it has the guts, all the way to redline.

We love the M109R here, but I would not kick a Victory Hammer out of bed by any means.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, Victory offers an S&S 106 motor option for the Hammer and we also rode that too. It is a $4500 option and it WAS faster than the 100, but it was still a tad slower than the 109R. So basically a Hammer with the 106 option will run you just about $23k-$24k and it stills feels a little down on power compared to the 109R. They do bling 'em out though. Gotta' say they looked great. Lots of billet and chrome. Gorgeous machines but I think Suzuki really nailed it a little better and for less. Even the styling looks better to me. The 109R is low, wide, and stocky. It has an intimidating presence that is undeniable with performance to back it up. After riding the Victorys, I have put the questions to rest and I am loving the 109 even more than before.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
In my opinion, the best way to describe a 109 to someone is to say that it looks like a cruiser on steroids! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
568 Posts
After much reading on the Internet, I had decided that the Hammer was what I wanted. So off to the Polaris place I went. I was sitting on the Hammer deciding what color to go with, when I just happened to look around and saw this bike sitting about 30' away that had the best lines I had ever seen. I figured it was a custom but I just had to go look at it. Well, this turned out to be also a Suzuki place and I was looking at the M109R in Burple!! End of story, This bike just gets better every time I look at it or get on it !!
Oh, I also want to say that this forum is what all forums should strive to be. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
600 Posts
A co-worker of mine has been researching the M for a few days to decide if he wants one. He told me a couple days ago that the M reminded him of an All-Pro Tight End in the NFL - big enough to knock you on your @ss at the line of scrimmage, yet quick enough to take you long if you're not watching closely :evil: I thought it was a great analogy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Haven't had a bike in thirty years......saw a commercial for Victory and was in awe of this bike.....next thing I know I'm getting my motorcycle permit all over again, did the road test and felt like a seventeen year old.....problem with victory is no dealers in my area, so I did some net searches and came upon the 109. and wow...what a bike.....went to a dealer and sat on one and that was it.....only I ordered an 07 because I was told it would be out in July and now I'm told the first week in Aug. and now hoping for the second week in Aug....going crazy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts