M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home yesterday from a very long ride! Left last wednesday and rode to Nashville Tn, stopped to see my cousin for a bit and take in some sights downtown then rode on to Knoxsville and spent the night. Met a friend of mine and his son at Fontana Village near Deals Gap where we stayed several nights. Rode the Dragon...it was a freakin blast! only saw three others nines on the ride...a red one and a blue limited on Hwy 28 eastbound from Deals gap and then an orange one that I saw at the deals gap store. I met the owner of the orange one...real nice guy, Jim (goes by Cobra something on here) I cant remember his last name but he is a member here..from up near Chicago. Anyway...got rained on several times throughout my trip and rode the first three hours of my return trip on monday in the rain coming out of the mountains...that really sucked!
The ride through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg was amazing!! Took over 300 pics. I have to say though...700+ miles a day is hard on an old mans arse!
Well..its not letting me download pics right now so I will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
We met Cobra on our way home from the Dragon a couple of weeks ago, while stopping in Hickory, NC. Nice guy and loves to go FAST!!!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Congratulations on taming the Dragon! A group of 14 Went on the 22 of may. You described it perfectly, that was a freakin Blast! We also did the Snake and Cherahalo or how ever ya spell it! It only rained once on us coming back from the Snake. Rain does suck! Glad you had a great time as we all did to!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats awesome Nuke...I wish i could have met up with you in person...always enjoy friendly banter and good conversation about the nines. My Wife and girls (They followed me in the Tucson) sat and watched Cobra and I talking about different quirks about our bikes and she laughed and said I'm glad you finally met someone else who has one, but if they have all these problems...why do you own one? We both said at the same time....."because they are freakin awesome!!"

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rode it last year on the return trip from Jackson and took the blueridge parkway the rest of the way home. If your around there again you need to ride the parkway. I can't get enough of the mountains :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts