M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer let me test ride one, IMO the bike is ok but it does have too much plastic , cheap looking hardware. I still haven't made my mind up yet. Thinking I may wait until next year model.
 

·
Very Active Member
Joined
·
5,784 Posts
I rode one this morning to work :joke: :D Next year's model is supposed to be the same except that the covers bear the shaft are metal instead of plastic. IMO it's just more weight. Looking at it you can't tell if it's plastic or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
I could be rude in return but I will refrain from sinking to that level... Opinions are like azzholes everyone has one some of them just stink more than others... best of luck...

khrome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
man00 said:
Local dealer let me test ride one, IMO the bike is ok but it does have too much plastic , cheap looking hardware. I still haven't made my mind up yet. Thinking I may wait until next year model.
Great post. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
man00 said:
Local dealer let me test ride one, IMO the bike is ok but it does have too much plastic , cheap looking hardware. I still haven't made my mind up yet. Thinking I may wait until next year model.
Oh, YEAH... they are gonna suddenly and radically change the entire design of a wildly successful model, and add another 100 pounds in the process. ::) That'd be REAL smart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
khrome13 said:
I could be rude in return but I will refrain from sinking to that level... Opinions are like azzholes everyone has one some of them just stink more than others... best of luck...

khrome
Wanted said:
Oh, YEAH... they are gonna suddenly and radically change the entire design of a wildly successful model, and add another 100 pounds in the process. ::) That'd be REAL smart.
It's not gonna change. They've had too much success to change things up on this AWESOME bike! Chrome just adds weight!!
 
G

·
I don't know why everyone is gripeing about plastic. Our cars have plastic parts, our cooking ware is made with plastic, I will go as far as saying there is plastic in just about everything we use in our daily lives. Are these items thought of as cheap? I don't think so.

Whoow. Thanks for letting me unload.

oldold
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
every car or truck made today is made with plastic and plastic chrome, is it as good as the real thing imo no. But if you want real chrome spend more and by the Harley.
 
G

·
Go buy a Harley stock and see how much "CHROME" you get. Then compare your blacked-out Harley in price and performance to the Suzuki M109R. Wanna race Road-Dog?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
man00 said:
Local dealer let me test ride one, IMO the bike is ok but it does have too much plastic , cheap looking hardware. I still haven't made my mind up yet. Thinking I may wait until next year model.
Do what makes you happy. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
The bike already weighs in at 750lbs. Do you want to add more for Chrome? Personally I am ANTI-Glam; ANTI-shiny; ANTI-Chrome all together. Give me a blacked out bike that looks pure evil. That's where it is for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
If it weren't for plastic, what WOULD the kids play with??? :joke:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hardly Davidson said:
Go buy a Harley stock and see how much "CHROME" you get. Then compare your blacked-out Harley in price and performance to the Suzuki M109R. Wanna race Road-Dog?
Why would I go buy a harley? I was talking about the m109r. I'm coming off a 05 Hayabusa
so I wouldn't be buying the 109 for its speed, if I was to buy. But if its a race you want I would be more than happy to race your 109. I didn't come here to bash the bike or owners.
I don't know for sure what Suzuki has plan for the 109 in next year model. All that matters if
YOU are happy with the bike..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
All I can say is that I am constantly getting :bigthumbsup: from people. Just the other day I had a viper and ferrari slow down and check out the bike. They then gave me a :bigthumbsup:. So I gave them one back! I for one enjoy this bike along with all the looks I get. Choose your bike carefully you can always modify it later to fit your personal interests. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
This post started with no substance, no question, no information, just someone looking for some attention. All of the good things about the bike are in all of the other posts.

Even though there is no 109 slander in the thread start, it should still be deleted.

This thread doesn't even encourage healthy debate.

:dontknow:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top