M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the girlfriend spent the weekend up in the hills. Spent the night in Estes Park and rode Trail Ridge Road across RMNP. LOTS of bikes around. Everywhere we stopped we got lots of questions about the M. I spent several minutes talking to a guy who was on a Warrior. He had ridden up from Phoenix. From the way he talked, I think he may be a proud new owner of an M soon :bigthumbsup: Winding roads, good company and great weather... can't ask for anything more :beer2:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/RockyMountainWay/Trail Ridge Road 07-06/?start=0

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow, that's a gorgeous place....don't get to see anything like that down here in the flat as a pancake north central texas area. I'm sold, I think I just may have to go there someday.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bconnally1 said:
Wow, that's a gorgeous place....don't get to see anything like that down here in the flat as a pancake north central texas area. I'm sold, I think I just may have to go there someday.

Don't know if you're anywhere near Hwy. 287 but I've been down that way between Amarillo and Ft. Worth several times. Lots of places between towns to wind 'er up and go fast for a long way :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wow, those are some beautiful shots...

I think I just need to take some time off and make a side trip out to that area :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Don't know if you're anywhere near Hwy. 287 but I've been down that way between Amarillo and Ft. Worth several times. Lots of places between towns to wind 'er up and go fast for a long way :D
Actually I'm not too far. I'm over in Dallas. It'd probably be a little more than an hour away. I've been in texas 30 years, in Dallas for 10, and I've never been south of Ft. Worth. I've been meaning to head over there, just never got around to it.

Thanks for the info, I think now I got my 109, I'll need to find some time and head out that way and cruise around. Cheers!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Me and the girlfriend spent the weekend up in the hills. Spent the night in Estes Park and rode Trail Ridge Road across RMNP. LOTS of bikes around. Everywhere we stopped we got lots of questions about the M. I spent several minutes talking to a guy who was on a Warrior. He had ridden up from Phoenix. From the way he talked, I think he may be a proud new owner of an M soon :bigthumbsup: Winding roads, good company and great weather... can't ask for anything more :beer2:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/RockyMountainWay/Trail Ridge Road 07-06/?start=0
Trouble.... I should not have looked at the pics!!
Now I am troubled, I miss the Rockies : (

·
Registered
585 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Don't know if you're anywhere near Hwy. 287 but I've been down that way between Amarillo and Ft. Worth several times. Lots of places between towns to wind 'er up and go fast for a long way :D
Did u take 287 to Denver ? ive been from Ft Worth to Laramie !  :bigthumbsup:

Unfortunately it was in a Semi not a Bike :D

Nice ride though ! :doorag:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Me and the girlfriend spent the weekend up in the hills. Spent the night in Estes Park and rode Trail Ridge Road across RMNP. LOTS of bikes around. Everywhere we stopped we got lots of questions about the M. I spent several minutes talking to a guy who was on a Warrior. He had ridden up from Phoenix. From the way he talked, I think he may be a proud new owner of an M soon :bigthumbsup: Winding roads, good company and great weather... can't ask for anything more :beer2:

Your making me miss Colorado, Lived there for 10.5 yrs, did you see any of those little rodents (can't remember what there called, they are kind of like a gerbal and they make this little chirping sound, very friendly) any ways it looks like a good time, I've always liked that twisty windy road along the river up to Estes Park!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MYM109R said:
did you see any of those little rodents (can't remember what there called, they are kind of like a gerbal and they make this little chirping sound, very friendly)
The one in the pic is a Yellow-Bellied Marmot. They're about the size of a small cat. The tiny, squirrel-looking ones are chickarees, I think.

We saw an elk down by Grand Lake that had been hit by a truck. It wasn't dead yet but I'm sure Animal Control was getting ready to euthanize it. I sure would hate to tangle with one of those big SOBs on a bike. I don't ride up there in the evening or at night if I can help it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
metric man said:
How does that bike perform in the altitude?? p.s. move your head, while she takes pictures on the move :bigthumbsup:
LOL... you noticed my helmet in that pic? :redfaced: I tell ya, I don't know how she stays so comfy back there, just like she's sitting in the passenger seat of a car, looking around... waving to everyone... snapping pictures :eek:

I haven't noticed any fall-off in performance in the thin air. It pulls like a mule up there just like it does closer to home :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Smokies are hills, and the RMNP is the Sheet.

Love Estes Park and Grand Lake.

Some of the best riding in America.

Althougth I love the Smokey Mountain Parkway.

I am so Torn. East Coast, West Coast Ugh.

TAZ

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wonderful ride!
I once had a vacation in Yellowstone Park and took the opportunity to visit Montana, driving up those mountains.
They really do not call Montana "the big skies" for nothing :doorag:.

I have never seen such beautiful mountain scenarios as there.
And Yellowstone alone was worth every day, seeing all those geological wonders, bears, elks, moose and bisons.

Being german (in Berlin), all we have here is the alps and some pretty archaic bavarians... :D

Ride safe, bro!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts