M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my upper Roadhouse Slipon has been rattling for quite a while now...finally really started bothering me. So I decided to confirm what I suspected. I pulled both baffles and sure enough, all the packing was completely gone. So you know what I HAD to do next...started her up and went for a spin. HOLY :edit:!!! My neighbor who rides a night train came running out of his house when I got back because he thought I bought a new bike.

If you have the slipon's and you want a little kick in the pants, pull the baffles and go for a spin. I did adjust my fuel module a little. I ordered some packing for the pipes but it sounds pretty crazy, just watch out for the :cop: :cop:.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
Without the baffles they are just open cans, I bet that was loud. :D

You can get the packing at any shop that also sells dirt bikes, which is just about any dealer. I get it at my local Suzuki shop for wrapping the mufflers in my home made exhausts.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
wish i would have known you needed packing before you ordered it. i have two packs of V&H exhaust packing that i would have given you for free. i have thought about throwing them away for a while now, but every time i go to do so i think about some rider out there needing them so i hold on to them. :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
So my upper Roadhouse Slipon has been rattling for quite a while now...finally really started bothering me. So I decided to confirm what I suspected. I pulled both baffles and sure enough, all the packing was completely gone. So you know what I HAD to do next...started her up and went for a spin. HOLY :edit:!!! My neighbor who rides a night train came running out of his house when I got back because he thought I bought a new bike.

If you have the slipon's and you want a little kick in the pants, pull the baffles and go for a spin. I did adjust my fuel module a little. I ordered some packing for the pipes but it sounds pretty crazy, just watch out for the :cop: :cop:.
just use the crap you have in your roof that unsulation stuff works just as good and hell of a lot cheaper. this stuff:bigthumbsup:

you can also stop that rattle just by tapping the edge of the baffle out a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts