M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Roadhouse website and see that they sell different baffles for our pipes. Are any of you guys running the performance baffle?

Here is a link to the product:
http://www.roadhousebrand.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RBS&Product_Code=50-102-01

I have emailed Roadhouse and this is all I got from them:
Yes it will be louder. The performance core is made from perforated tube and is less restrictive (2.4" ID). The standard core is a louvered deign and the inside diameter is smaller (2" ID).

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I finally got a "good" answer from Roadhouse:

1 hp Increase and an increase in tq of 2 ft lbs

I guess I'll be staying with the stock ones. They are plenty loud and the performance is negligible. I can spend $100 much wiser :dontknow:.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Lol, it would be hard to measure that much difference on most dynos. If the temp changed 5 degrees between pulls it can make a 1-2 hp difference. :D

I'm surprised the perforated core is louder, even though it's larger. With my exhaust I've swapped between louvered and perforated core mufflers and the perforated cores have always been quieter. Perforated is nothing but a pipe with a lot of small holes in it, and it's smooth inside. The louvered cores have a lot of divets punched down into them, with one side open for noise absorption. They tend to be kind of restrictive due to all the protrusions into the exhaust flow.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
PM Seapup, he was one of the first with these pipes and they sent him all the different baffles too. Not sure if one was a performance one but if I remeber correctly he had 2 or 3 different ones.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM Seapup, he was one of the first with these pipes and they sent him all the different baffles too. Not sure if one was a performance one but if I remeber correctly he had 2 or 3 different ones.
Thanks, bro. I'll send Glen a text. I think he may be "un-reachable" right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts