M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who ride with those, how much do you like them ? Can we install a silent baffle ( or something similar ) . Quality ?? Rust ?? .... thank you ....:pop:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
love mine.....they dont make them anymore... they are made by hard krome, not sure if the sound is the same or not, dont think you can make them quieter, and why would you want too..??? love the sound!!

G

·
love mine.....they dont make them anymore... they are made by hard krome, not sure if the sound is the same or not, dont think you can make them quieter, and why would you want too..??? love the sound!!
Just recently? Maybe a chance there might be stock left?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You can still get some from Road Burner in ebay from seller Roadoverstock. I got mine and had them installed by Sly Dog this past Sunday in Vegas... they sound FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

The price is great, fit and finish is beautiful however all the bolts we got were to short and the mounting bracket had to be modified a bit, a pain to install but they are beautiful!!!

I agree with CMHGUY... why would you want to make them quieter?? At idle and under low accel they're not that loud... but at WOT... you can make some noise :D. Here's the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Road-Burner-Exha...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b076a137

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You can still get some from Road Burner in ebay from seller Roadoverstock. I got mine and had them installed by Sly Dog this past Sunday in Vegas... they sound FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

The price is great, fit and finish is beautiful however all the bolts we got were to short and the mounting bracket had to be modified a bit, a pain to install but they are beautiful!!!

I agree with CMHGUY... why would you want to make them quieter?? At idle and under low accel they're not that loud... but at WOT... you can make some noise :D. Here's the ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Road-Burner-Exha...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b076a137
I need to make them a little bit quieter here in Quebec ( Canada ) some cops seem to have ear problems .... :D and i was asking for those pipes because i saw them on ebay :) Did they really came with the end cap ?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I need to make them a little bit quieter here in Quebec ( Canada ) some cops seem to have ear problems .... :D and i was asking for those pipes because i saw them on ebay :) Did they really came with the end cap ?
Yep they come with the end cap. Again at cruising speed they can be heard but are not extremely loud, hammer the throttle and you will make some noise. I have heard a lot louder on the road...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ive had mine for about 2 years now with no issues. ive never heard a pipe i like more. nothing but compliments from people. its a very aggressive bark to it but not obnoxious all all.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Love em!! Had them now for a couple of years. Really bark when you get on them but just right cruising! Seem to be getting a bit louder with age. The baffles are replaceable but louder is good:D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Love em!! Had them now for a couple of years. Really bark when you get on them but just right cruising! Seem to be getting a bit louder with age. The baffles are replaceable but louder is good:D

thanks for the info, nice pics of your bike !!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do someone has a pic of the baffle inside the Velocity pro ? :pop: The baffle is maintain inside by screws or clip ?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
:Love em. Got lots of miles and they are getting louder. Hope not much louder.

·
Registered
961 Posts
:agree:I thought it was just me; I've had mind for about 2 years now. When they were new, I could hardly hear them when I was crusing but now I know that I have a performance pipe. They have gotten louder, the baffle is a closed design ( canister type) and I don't know whether or not there was fiber glass in the packing that may have burned up. Thanks for proving that I wasn't going crazy....!!!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
they are held in by 2 screws. (side and bottom)

has anyone drilled there baffles in these at all?? i have tried to get the baffles out but no luck; they are really in there.....:mad:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts