M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to site. I just installed the RoadBurner Velocity Pro on my bike and my question to all is;
Do I need to add a power commander or as long as I don't change the air intake I'll be fine?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,942 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. :D

General rule of thumb: You can change either the exhaust OR the intake and not need a tuner. If you change BOTH you have to have one.

But honestly, you can tell the difference even when adding one after doing either pipes or intake. I have the Cobra FI2000R, it's easy to tune, inexpensive, and trouble free. And lots of info on it on here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:welcome: to the forum. :D

General rule of thumb: You can change either the exhaust OR the intake and not need a tuner. If you change BOTH you have to have one.

But honestly, you can tell the difference even when adding one after doing either pipes or intake. I have the Cobra FI2000R, it's easy to tune, inexpensive, and trouble free. And lots of info on it on here.
Thanks. I have heard that rule of thumb before but wanted to be sure on my 109.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have same exhaust, you dont need one, but for the cost get some filters and ducks covers.... you will love the look and the little boost. I have a Power commander and the bike just runs better, smooth and powerful. Just a suggestion. Congrats on the bike and enjoy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This bike does run lean. I have a power commander, same pipes and new air intakes. Ilove the sound and it does run a little better. However, I lost 25% on milage. Used to go 200 mi. per fill up. Now it's about 160.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
This bike does run lean. I have a power commander, same pipes and new air intakes. Ilove the sound and it does run a little better. However, I lost 25% on milage. Used to go 200 mi. per fill up. Now it's about 160.
I hope you're not an accountant!! :joke:

160 from 200 is 20% :D :D

Kidding aside, I have these pipes as well, no intake... YET... no PCIII and all is good.

Do yourself a favor tho and get one, or something like it cause you WILL need it when you DO an intake setup.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Motor 1, :welcome::welcome: to the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts