M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back last night from another great ride to the mountains.

All I could say was:

WOW....
WOW....
WOW....

Rode to Red River,NM and spent the night. Took off Sat morn and went all over, including the million dollar highway. My head is still spinning, those are some high mountains. I kept telling myself to stop looking down the cliff sides cause it was scary. I have too vivid of an imagineation. I could see myself flying off the cliff face and into the ravines. Highest elevation I saw posted was 10,000 ft and we were still climbing.

1500 miles starting Friday at 6 am and got home 8 pm last night
My concern was how am I going to carry anything since I dont even
have a sissy bar. Well I used a Kuryakyn Ultra Tour bag and had no
problems at all. I placed the Hooker under the passenger seat and
cinched the bag down to it. It held solid the whole trip, including the
little race doing 115mph to catch up with a BMW (car). I filled it up with
about 40-50 pounds of leather and rain gear along with changes of clothing
and a half helmet. It holds alot of stuff and is easy put on take off.

Sorry if I got your expectations up for a different set of pictures. :D

·
Registered
712 Posts
the million dollar highway. My head is still spinning, those are some high mountains. I kept telling myself to stop looking down the cliff sides cause it was scary. I have too vivid of an imagineation. I could see myself flying off the cliff face and into the ravines. Highest elevation I saw posted was 10,000 ft and we were still climbing.
Summit of Red Mountain pass is 11,018 feet. Hopefully you spent a little time in my home town of Silverton? Beautiful country, fantastic roads.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Got back last night from another great ride to the mountains.

All I could say was:

WOW....
WOW....
WOW....

Rode to Red River,NM and spent the night. Took off Sat morn and went all over, including the million dollar highway. My head is still spinning, those are some high mountains. I kept telling myself to stop looking down the cliff sides cause it was scary. I have too vivid of an imagineation. I could see myself flying off the cliff face and into the ravines. Highest elevation I saw posted was 10,000 ft and we were still climbing.

1500 miles starting Friday at 6 am and got home 8 pm last night
My concern was how am I going to carry anything since I dont even
have a sissy bar. Well I used a Kuryakyn Ultra Tour bag and had no
problems at all. I placed the Hooker under the passenger seat and
cinched the bag down to it. It held solid the whole trip, including the
little race doing 115mph to catch up with a BMW (car). I filled it up with
about 40-50 pounds of leather and rain gear along with changes of clothing
and a half helmet. It holds alot of stuff and is easy put on take off.

Sorry if I got your expectations up for a different set of pictures. :D
Red River is awesome!!:bigthumbsup: you should come out for the bike rally next year (memorial day weekend I believe)http://www.redriverrally.com/

I have that EXACT bag, it makes an awesome backrest when you have a sissy bar behind it and it holds alot of stuff.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You said HOOKER!!! I want to see some cheese cake! Sounds like one of my trips here in Idaho. We go up over 12000 ft elev. You cant ride that high but almost. Seems like the summit out of denver goes up to 14000 ft on the interstate. High enough everything goes silent when you get up there. You cant hardly here your rig running. Your trip sounded like a blast. :doorag:
Paladin,

I had a blast. I do prefer keylime pie. Is that the price I pay for saying hooker. I'm a bad boy for sure.
:joke:

Next time I go up that way I will try a Route that includes Denver.
:doorag:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Summit of Red Mountain pass is 11,018 feet. Hopefully you spent a little time in my home town of Silverton? Beautiful country, fantastic roads.
TM109R,

I did pass thru there but we didn't stay long, just rode thru. Man what beautiful country. It's breath taking, next time I plan to go alot slower and take some time to pull over and take pictures and enjoys the sights.
8)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red River is awesome!!:bigthumbsup: you should come out for the bike rally next year (memorial day weekend I believe)http://www.redriverrally.com/

I have that EXACT bag, it makes an awesome backrest when you have a sissy bar behind it and it holds alot of stuff.:bigthumbsup:
EY3LESS,

The guys I ride with made it last year. I wasn't riding at the time.

There's always next year.
:D

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Hooker

Is that an expensive hooker???Sounds like she preformed well for you..!!..some serious milage there..:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that an expensive hooker???Sounds like she preformed well for you..!!..some serious milage there..:bigthumbsup:
Yes, she did a very good job. I was very happy with the way it held together. I was really sweating the idea of having to come up with the right combination of straps, ropes, bungees or whatever it was going to take to keep all my gear tied to the bike. All that and for 20.00 bucks. Once you see how it's made an impromptu rig up is easy. It was just as easy to shell out the 20.00 and save some time.
You know what, I could even cut the leather with the rings on staple it to the underside of the seat for a more permanent/tailor fit since I will only be using it when I need to carry my bag. I don't ever have a passenger so that would be perfect, put the seat on and tie it down. :D

Ray
:super:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have the same bag also. Make sure you use the rain cover when It rains. I thought my chit would be ok once but it got wet.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Where did you pick up your hooker:dontknow: I wouldn,t mind takin her for a ride to see how she performs...could use her services a couple times a year:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where did you pick up your hooker:dontknow: I wouldn,t mind takin her for a ride to see how she performs...could use her services a couple times a year:bigthumbsup:
haha,

yes couldn't we all. I'm thinking of putting her on loan, get your name on the list.
:joke:

I saw where hookers are available at willieandmax.com as per the info pamphlet I got with it. I bought it at a local motorcycle performance shop her for 20 bucks. Same place I got the ultra tour bag.

If you have the time you could easily make one if your not finding one locally.
I'm really thinking of making those D rings a permanent addition to the passenger seat.

Ray
:super:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
If you go the permanent route,let us know how and where you place them,sound like a good idea...i never use my pass seat either...and don't much care for the sissy bar look:barf: Did you have any issues with scratching of the bike on your trip?
thanks for the info:bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts