M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so pumped to be able to take my M109 out on my first serious road trip. I departed on monday July 17th @ 05:45 From Bismarck, ND. I drove straight through to Appleton, WI. Arriving @ 17:30. After a few hours layover at a local fire station I departed @ 22:20 for Manitowoc, WI and boarded the S.S. Badger (car ferry ride across lake michigan) @ 23:30. After a 4 hour crossing (during which I crashed out in a state room) I departed Ludington, Mi @ 05:30 and made my way across the Michigan to Flint arriving there at 09:00. During the 940 Mile trip the weather was great sunny and in the 80's and 90's the whole way I was running 85 to 90 MPH the whole way and the bike averaged 40 MPG, the gas prices averaged $3.18 a gallon. Gas cost me just under $90.00 dollars. During my time at home My bike was the talk of everyone especially my nephews (ages 7, 5 1/2, and 3). while at home I put on some serious riding, all over the state of Michigan (spending a week at our cabin @ Higgins Lake. The reurn trip was the same route. I departed Flint, MI on July 31st @14:00 and arrived in ludington at 17:30. Loaded up on the badger and set sail @ 20:00. Landed in Manitowoc, Wi at 00:30. Drove to appleton,Wi to spend the night at a local fire station. Departed Appleton @ 09:00 and drove to just west of eu Clare,Wi and hit a whopper of a storm got soaked to the bone (Cheap rain suit :eek: some times you get what you pay for) had to stop for a break in the rain. After a hour and a half I was underway again. I drove back to Bismarck, ND stopping only to gas up and clean the bugs off my helmet shield. I guess at one stop in the middle of no where ND some one thought it would be funny to empty their fish bucket into the window cleaning bucket of course I didn't  discover this fact til I was down the expressway and closed my sheild (not cool) I arrived at home on August 1 st @ 23:30. It is great to be home! I was very impressed with my 109. The stock seat was so comfortable, I will not be looking to replace it anytime soon. I put 2,859 Miles on my 109 during my vacation of 16 days. I can't wait til next year (STRUGIS!!!!!!!!) I will post pics when I get them developed. Keep yer knees in the breeze. Bk

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wish I had known you were in the vicinity. Another way to Northern Wisconsin is through the U.P. (across Mackinaw Bridge).

Would have been glad to share the roads in the Marquette (MI) area with a fellow 109'er.

Maybe next time.

·
Registered
898 Posts
wow sounds like a nice trip :bigthumbsup: I am curious you say you stayed in local fire station? not something i have ever heard of so am curious...

khrome

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
That sounded like some trip. Always great to get home and see family, especially when your riding a 109. I'll be you were the talk of everyone back home. Doesn't sound like you had any serious incidents if you don't call fish in the face serious. :bigthumbsup: :clap2: :hot: :hot: :hot:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts