M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday 3 of use from Prescott AZ went for a ride in the mountains by FlagStaff AZ and I hit a piece of dub-re in the road and almost went down :eek:
It lodged between the front wheel and radiator at about 60MPH, the front wheel locked up for at least 20 feet until it riped Thur my radiator.
I have a couple of sore knees :(as I had to peddle my feet back and forth on the ground to keep the bike up but I did not go down.

Big Joe.

G

·
HOLY CRAP! Thankfully you didn't go down and you are okay. What was the debris? Looks pretty big. I worry about that and not running a front fender. Doesn't look like a factory fender would have helped since you already run one. Keep us posted on radiator and cover cost.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Dang man that was close. Way to keep the shiney side up bro. Hope you get it fixed quick and back on the road.

G

·
You my friend are a blessed man. That sounds like it could have been a very, very ugly situation. Glad it worked out for you and you are here to talk about it. Radiator can be fixed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Man, what a drag  :mad:    Glad you kept the rubber down and were okay  :bigthumbsup:    Judging by those pictures I could see how a lesser rider could have easily went down  :doorag:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toneout said:
HOLY CRAP! Thankfully you didn't go down and you are okay. What was the debris? Looks pretty big. I worry about that and not running a front fender. Doesn't look like a factory fender would have helped since you already run one. Keep us posted on radiator and cover cost.
I see a custom RAD Cover in my near future :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Any Ideas :super: :super: :super: :super:
Big Joe.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
:yikes: Man that is ugly Bro. I've never seen anything like that. You are either one lucky guy or one unlucky guy, I"m not sure which. ::) The good thing is that you are okay. Man could you imagin something like that happening in some of the places we were riding on our trip? I take it you trailered it back home.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:yikes: Holy crud, that a big hole. Glad to hear ya kept er though. could have been a lot worse for you and the bike.
Wish you and the bike a quick recovery.

·
Registered
343 Posts
What the heck was it that did that to your ride. Glad you're OK. Bikes are easy to fix, people usually aren't.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Thank god you did not go down!!

Sledzep

As for Ideas... How a chrome billet aluminum cover made of Stylized Suzuki "S's" Many small ones connected....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lamonster said:
:yikes: Man that is ugly Bro. I've never seen anything like that. You are either one lucky guy or one unlucky guy, I"m not sure which. ::) The good thing is that you are okay. Man could you imagin something like that happening in some of the places we were riding on our trip? I take it you trailered it back home.
That would have Sucked Big Time 1300 miles from home. :eek:
I was lucky and one of the bikes that was with us was set up for 2 up riding so he brought me home to pick up the truck and trailer.
It turned out to be a 15 hour day by the time we got home with the bike.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Glad you pulled thru o.k. Sorry about the bike. At least you weren't riding alone, or seriously injured though. :bigthumbsup:

panther06

·
Registered
890 Posts
:yikes: OUCH...glad you got through that without going down!

Ride Safe

Devilish

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Big Joe said:
That would have Sucked Big Time 1300 miles from home. :eek:
I was lucky and one of the bikes that was with us was set up for 2 up riding so he brought me home to pick up the truck and trailer.
It turned out to be a 15 hour day by the time we got home with the bike.
Big Joe.
Big Joe,

We are obviously glad that you are ok.

Now in keeping with a sense of humor - do you have a pic of you and your buddy riding two up ?
That would have to make you/us crack a smile after just cheating death and or serious injury.

Stay safe and gear up

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What did you run over to make a hole like that? A semi?!?!?!?!?! Or, was it perhaps a Yugo?

Seriously though...we're ALLLL glad that you didn't go down. That's pretty damned impressive riding!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts