M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new pretty new when it comes to cruisers so I dont know alot about some of the aftermarket manufactures. Been around sport bikes along time but not cruisers. Anyway how do Road Burner exhausts sound? Also what about quality? I have found some road burner 3" stepped street pro pipes that interest me. I also found some Cobra dragster pipes for our bikes. Which ones would you choose if you were to buy pipes? Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cobra is a big manufacturer of parts but quality is lower than BUB or Samson. I'm not sure who makes the Road Burner. I would wait til you have more options.
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
slickdj96 said:
I'm new pretty new when it comes to cruisers so I dont know alot about some of the aftermarket manufactures. Been around sport bikes along time but not cruisers. Anyway how do Road Burner exhausts sound? Also what about quality? I have found some road burner 3" stepped street pro pipes that interest me. I also found some Cobra dragster pipes for our bikes. Which ones would you choose if you were to buy pipes? Thanks
If you want power then cobra will probably not be the best bet. The sideburners are probably the best bet for now. I have a set on order but am really waiting for vance and hines to bring something out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I want is simple. I want big power and big sound. I'm not worried about making my neighbors mad as they are all really cool and dont care. I also want big power sence I'm coming from sport bikes and have this need for speed. I want the loud thunderous HD sound but dont think I can get that out of the 109...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
slickdj96 said:
What I want is simple. I want big power and big sound. I'm not worried about making my neighbors mad as they are all really cool and dont care. I also want big power sence I'm coming from sport bikes and have this need for speed. I want the loud thunderous HD sound but dont think I can get that out of the 109...
If the sideburners sound like they do on my vtx then they will give you what you want. You can bounce the sound off the cars and walls and it sounds great. They are really great on decal, sound like a jake brake and get plenty of attention. They dyno out about 2 hp less than the vance and hines but better than anything else I have seen. They can be as loud as you want them to be.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the looks of those. Where did you place your order for them?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
slickdj96 said:
I like the looks of those. Where did you place your order for them?
you can order them from Hal, Hardkrome had a May 5th ship date but I am sure they didn't make it. You can see pics of them on ebay as well as the other hardkrome pipes. It will be a while but in time there will be plenty out there. Like the vtx this bike isn't going away any time soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
J R said:
Sombody tell me a place to order some pipes tonight and overnight um and ill have um on the bike asap with a sound clip for the net :D :D :D
If you do that please do a before and after exhaust change out cound clip or clips.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Just so you know there are no pipes for the 109 yet. I think Cobra will be the first to hit the streets and that may be this month but as we always say "we will believe it when we see it". ::)

When they show up you can bet you will here about them here first. I'll even do a sound bite. :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I really want a bigger sound and some more power would be acceptable ;) But I'll wait to hear the sound clips before I make a purchase! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you're interested Monkey Butt Parts has side burners for $548.99 pluss shipping. They are back ordered from Hard Chrome till 6/22/06. Maybe if enough people pre order we can get our pipes sooner!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Austin109 said:
If you're interested Monkey Butt Parts has side burners for $548.99 pluss shipping. They are back ordered from Hard Chrome till 6/22/06. Maybe if enough people pre order we can get our pipes sooner!
I am sure if you talk to Hal he can compete with anyone on the price and you don't have to get a group order.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
J R said:
I just left a message with Hal. Im gonna go ahead and try and order somthing.I think I want the Cobra dragsters and the fi unit
The dyno jet should also be available and gives a little more adjustment.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
vtxoak said:
The dyon jet should also be available and gives a little more adjustment.
One thing I learned from Dave at Thunder the other day was the VTX and the Kaw have some sort of safety built in that makes the bike go rich when you do a pipe or airbox mod. He wasn't sure about the 109 but he did say the problem with the FI2000 is that it will only let you add fuel and won't let you take any away. He said that most bikes will run rich at certain rpm ranges and you can't tune it out with the FI2000 units. ::)

·
Registered
240 Posts
That is correct, but you wont need to take any fuel out, just add.
If it's rich anywhere it will be around idle so you leave that pot closed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
J R said:
Im kinda waiting on the Cobra,s but ill admit im starting to get sick of the stockers.I may have to get whatever comes out first then buy better ones later :confused: Im kinda bad like that :evil:
:D Im the same way!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would definitely prefer something like Muzzy's 2 into 1 megaphone style but will probably go for Cobra's Speedster slashdown. Since adding the crossover on their Speedster line, they're much more competitive HP wise than in the past. I see the projected delivery of the Power Commander is sometime in the Fall though. That's worrys me because yhe pipes will require some tunable fuel management to perform best.
I'm anxious to squeeze a little more out of her though and to shed some of that factory exhaust weight.
Jerbear

1 - 19 of 19 Posts