M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read G-Mans blog, and I see a bunch of you have put these on your C109's. How loud are they? I am looking for something that sounds great and deep............ But don't want it so loud I need to wear ear plugs. Also did you have make any mounting mods? Are their sensors? And if so what do about them? :dontknow:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey,1-GO-UTES....About the 2into1 Volasity pipe's.[Road Burner's]They are great,and loud enough for people to hear,and not loud enough to have to wear ear plug's!..LOL...I really think you would love them...:bigthumbsup:....My Boyfriend has them on his 07Red 109,and a Power Command,too. It sound's awesome!!...Sweet,and Smooth!:drool:.... Good luck on your decision.;)

Take Care,Ride Safe!...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
you cant go wrong with the velocity pros. they arent real loud until you twist the throttle. at that point they will be heard. its basically your choice. my guys at work can hear me from 1/2 mile away if i want them to or i can sneak right up on them if i back off of the throttle.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
you cant go wrong with the velocity pros. they arent real loud until you twist the throttle. at that point they will be heard. its basically your choice. my guys at work can hear me from 1/2 mile away if i want them to or i can sneak right up on them if i back off of the throttle.:bigthumbsup:
On the money there. At idle they are only slightly louder than stock. Normal acceleration and you get a nice throaty sound that is just right. Jump on the throttle and she will roar. You control what kind of sound you want to come out. Great pipes and good seat of the pants HP gains. 2 into 1 set ups generally give you the most HP gains. Just for clarification, I am not a fan of loud pipes that annoy and set off alarms. These pipes fit me perfectly.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
On the money there. At idle they are only slightly louder than stock. Normal acceleration and you get a nice throaty sound that is just right. Jump on the throttle and she will roar. You control what kind of sound you want to come out. Great pipes and good seat of the pants HP gains. 2 into 1 set ups generally give you the most HP gains. Just for clarification, I am not a fan of loud pipes that annoy and set off alarms. These pipes fit me perfectly.
:agree:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who replied, It "sounds" like the sound I want.. If Good weather ever gets here we can all get some of miles we all love. Rain and snow here in Utah this weekend. :-\

·
Registered
152 Posts
ive got an m109...just got my velocity pro's to the house yesterday. cant wait and as far as i can tell, they suit this bike perfectly. my idea of sound is the same as mentioned above also....cant freakin wait to get em on

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well they are loud, I mean not ears bleeding, more of send the small children crying loud. I've set off a car alarm or two.
The kit isn't bad, and GMans kit came with a dummy plate for the SET valve.
Make sure you have a nice socket set with metric allen keys. I sacraficed one allen key to be able to get the bolts out so I could use a socket on the other end.
Major issue I would say was that I had a bypass leak on the inside of the slip joint for the liner. You could feel it on the frame side of the exhaust.
I pulled the liner post install (annoying) and used Permatex Ultra Copper http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/automotive_gasketing/gasket_makers/auto_Permatex_Ultra_Copper_Maximum_Temperature_RTV_Silicone_Gasket_Maker.htmto seal the bypass by coating the slip part of the liner and sliding it back in.
Other than that, it started me down the road to Stealth K&N Intakes, and BULLY FI controller, to eliminate the odd burp or three due to greater exhaust flow.
--Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts