M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has a nice 109 and a Ninja. He's always trying to get me to ride the darn Ninja so today I did. Hokey Smokes!!! I could get in trouble with that bike really quick. Lifted the front wheel in 2nd and 3rd without even trying. So easy to speed and so easy to not realize that you are really moving. The last time I road a sport bike was in 95 and it was a 600cc job. I thought it was quick boy was I wrong.

I believe I'll stick with my beloved M109R. ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I know what you mean, even though I am very conscious about where, if, and when I twist the throttle it seems like while riding sport bikes it had would happen allot more than my 109. My turbo 1000 had over 300hp and even though it was a frightening bike I still was always on the throttle but mostly in only 1st and second gear.

G

·
Had an 07 ZX-14 and enjoyed it like no other bike I have ever owned. With two businesses and my never ending desire for speed it was better to get rid of it than suffer the consequences of bad judgment.

Crazy fast and tons of fun. Sold it to a great guy in DE and he is enjoying it a lot.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I agree. I know my bike is not the fastest on the planet, but I am not going to ride like I use to on it either. Self preservation.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I have a friend that has a nice 109 and a Ninja. He's always trying to get me to ride the darn Ninja so today I did. Hokey Smokes!!! I could get in trouble with that bike really quick. Lifted the front wheel in 2nd and 3rd without even trying. So easy to speed and so easy to not realize that you are really moving. The last time I road a sport bike was in 95 and it was a 600cc job. I thought it was quick boy was I wrong.

I believe I'll stick with my beloved M109R. ;)
that bike is fast for sure. along with the busa and modern literbikes, the power those bikes put out is ridiculous and with zero effort.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I know exactly what you mean!!!

Robert May, I can truly relate to what you are saying. I have an '07 ZX14R and an '07 M109R. They are two totally different worlds/experiences. Sometimes, I tend to jump on my ZX14R with the mindset that I am on my M109R, and as soon as I twist that throttle after pulling out of the driveway, I am quickly reminded of what bike I am really on. The ZX14R is a beast for sure, but I must say I love just relaxing on the M109R. It takes me out of that aggressive riding mode that is so easy to get into with the ZX14R. I am thinking of selling my ZX14R, buying another used M109R in the pearl white color, and doing some different mods on it to make it look different from the 9 I already have.

Anyone want to buy a very nice '07 ZX14R? :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts