M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help, as I'm trying to decide on 2" risers. Rivco advertises their risers as "pulling back" the bars 2" towards the rider while Kuryakyn says their risers are 2" "higher". Is there in fact a difference in the direction of the 2" rise or are they talking about the same thing. I want the bars closer, not higher. Both products look very well made.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Haven't seen the kuryakyn risers, but I went with the Rivco. Yes they do come back to you not higher. That is what I liked about them, they stay low as they come back. Excellent quality.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Haven't seen the kuryakyn risers, but I went with the Rivco. Yes they do come back to you not higher. That is what I liked about them, they stay low as they come back. Excellent quality.
:agree:with What he said!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think that are in fact made with two different angles, I'd go with the Rivco if you want them closer.

Good luck!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hoping someone can help, as I'm trying to decide on 2" risers. Rivco advertises their risers as "pulling back" the bars 2" towards the rider while Kuryakyn says their risers are 2" "higher". Is there in fact a difference in the direction of the 2" rise or are they talking about the same thing. I want the bars closer, not higher. Both products look very well made.
Great question. I was thinking the same thing. Let's us know when you decide cause I'll do the same. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I agree 2 . Very happy with fit and quality !!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Risers

First time I sat on a 109, I felt like a little kid on my dads bike. The handlebars had me too stretched out. I wasn't even going to set on my bike when I saw it for sale, but the guy selling it had put 3" Rivco's on his. I am 5'8", and so was he. I sat down on it, and fell in love.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The Rivco are very nice quality and keep the bars low. They will not work with a bar clamp style tach mount, but do have a nice mount for the stock tach housing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Before Rivco 2", back too stressed to the point of hurting after rides. After Rivco, enjoying the ride all the time as the handle is closer to me. No more reaching out for the handle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts