M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tachometer Kit

I can't see what you get for your money,
I lowered mine into the headlight cover, I had to remove the chrome frame around the Tachmeter and lowered in and bolted it to the fork spreader and I did that six months ago and it works fine and it looks good.
It is quite straight forward, you have to loosen the headlight cover, fit it in and its done.
I would not pay $80.00 for rivco,s deal.

·
Registered
362 Posts
it looks like they are just selling a plastic cover that goes a little higher than the stock one to hide the tach better!

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I lowered mine into the headlight cover, I had to remove the chrome frame around the Tachmeter and lowered in and bolted it to the fork spreader and I did that six months ago and it works fine and it looks good.
It is quite straight forward, you have to loosen the headlight cover, fit it in and its done.
How well can you see the tach w/ it down in the nacel

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tachometer in Nacel

I find that it is very readable.
Some of the newer models are having it factory installed in the Nacel.
I think it looks better than up on top.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree. I just am not sure what you get for $70 bucks. I will be moving it down but I really do not want to cut anything to do it. I know the 10 and 11's have it down there from the factory but it is more to the top of the headlight cowl. It is readable either way but was just wondering if anyone had spent the $$ on this kit and if it was worth it. I am guessing not???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
How well can you see the tach w/ it down in the nacel
Mine is mounted in the same place as it was when I still had the stock headlight.

You can see everything, including the idiot lights just fine with it moved down to the top tree.

Of course, on mine, I have the full chrome housing mounted, which you would not need if your stock headlight is there, but I think you can get a better idea of where it is on mine since the headlight is not in the way.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is mounted in the same place as it was when I still had the stock headlight.

You can see everything, including the idiot lights just fine with it moved down to the top tree.

Of course, on mine, I have the full chrome housing mounted, which you would not need if your stock headlight is there, but I think you can get a better idea of where it is on mine since the headlight is not in the way.
Nice headlight :bigthumbsup:;):D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tachometer Relocation Mod.

To Answer A-ROD,s question,
I did not have to cut anything to fit the tachometer in the Headlight nacel.
It does take a bit of fassing around and it best be if you have an extra set of hands.
You do have to take the chrome housing of the Tachometer to get it to fit in and under the Facel.
To fasten the Tachometer, I drilled two holes in the top of the forks-top-connector(sorry but don't know the proper term) and threaded the holes and bolted it down.
If I was more technocally adept I would post a picture of my handiwork.
It is worth doing it in my opinion, because it looks better.
If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was buying things left and right for this bike when I found out I KNEW I was getting it. That kit was $80 that could have gone else where. If I would have looked on here longer and harder I would have seen that a few had done the same thing as I did. All it cost them was some of their time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had read about how some people had mounted theirs to the tree then read another thread about some one who just jammed it down in there so that's what I did like two years ago and it's never been a problem. I did have to trim out the plastic black cover on the inside of the nacelle to get it to fit but it's been fine since. Save your money!!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
If you do it as described in the link I posted you don't have to cut anything, you don't have to drill any holes, you don't have to use any screws, nothing. All you've gotta do is remove the bottom chrome housing on the tach, wrap it with the inner tube, and stuff it in. Its simple to do, and it looks completely factory. Why do it any other way?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts