M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Windshield

I just bought the RIVCO risers and the OEM touring windshield. The parts do not fit together on the risers properly. I am curious if anyone has other parts that would work?:dontknow:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Risers

Hi guys newbie and lovin my new 9,but real quick iv discovered i need some kind of riser for my bars to stop the lower back pain im getting from the reach to the oem bars,those Rivco risers look cool can you guys tell me if they are a breeze to fit,and can i use the standard cables if i buy them or do they need longer ones,then i can order a set,much cheaper from the US than here in the UK..........TIA.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It took me a little over a hour to install the RIVCO risers and most of that time was getting the bolts loose from the stock risers (they were :edit: tight). You can reroute the cables while changing out the risers and it will work fine, I just decided to go with +3 to make it easier for later additions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Touring Windsheild

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on this thread. Well...I just tried to figure out using some additional hardware if I could get this windsheild to work. No dice! I think I have done all I can do to try and get this windsheild to work with the RIVCO risers. Time to call it a day.

jglass4763 - where did you order your VStream Touring shield? Are they about $200?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks for everyone's thoughts on this thread. Well...I just tried to figure out using some additional hardware if I could get this windsheild to work. No dice! I think I have done all I can do to try and get this windsheild to work with the RIVCO risers. Time to call it a day.

jglass4763 - where did you order your VStream Touring shield? Are they about $200?
Mine was $150 shipped new.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the Rifle mounted to mine and it works just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts