M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few guys have gotten risers and posted different stuff i have a more narrowed question.

Anyone around 5'11 or 6'0 using the 1'' risers? Im trying to decide if i need 2'' or 1'' im 6' tall. Im not sure if 1'' is enough.

Would especially love if anyone has sat ona bike with each and can say as a comparison.

G

·
2006moy said:
I know a few guys have gotten risers and posted different stuff i have a more narrowed question.

Anyone around 5'11 or 6'0 using the 1'' risers? Im trying to decide if i need 2'' or 1'' im 6' tall. Im not sure if 1'' is enough.

Would especially love if anyone has sat ona bike with each and can say as a comparison.
I am 6' tall and 2" risers are good. I have not sat in a bike with 1" risers, but they hardy seem to be worth the effort. The 2" were very comfortable... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed the 1" riser. I'm 5'11". I have only riden the scooter about 20 miles with the extenisons. I didn't dislike the bars in the stock position, so I'm kind of biased. I like the 1" ext. because it doesn't set me totally upright, but very comfortable. Also the 2" ext. reveals all of the hardware under the tach, which I didn't like. No cable rerouting either. Need to make a 300 plus day to really be objective on the riding position though. When I first got the 9, I thought the bars would be a stretch, but I have taken several trips without to much discomfort with the stock bars.

Doc

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm 5'10" and have 2" risers on my RED 109. It made a big difference for me as far a riding comfort although I think a 3" riser would be perfect for me. I may switch over this winter and put the new cables on with the 3" risers.

Good luck,

McBel

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm 5'8" and have the 2 "..they really took the reach out of my ride and I'm enjoying the position a lot. But I'm also thinking about changing to the 3" solids and steel braided cables. Tha extra inch can't hurt and the cables will clean up the front end more. You will like either of the risers, but the two inch will sit you a tad further back. Hope this helps...

Devilish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts