M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those of you that have them, are you happy with the extensions as far as, fit and finish, and rider position? Also how much are they?

Suz

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yep...chek out my review on the 2" riser extention...they're great! :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
890 Posts
You can find the price at www.kewlmetal.com , I'm 5'8" 145lb 31 " inseam, and they took all of the stretch out of my riding position, I'm loving riding this bike even more now and can do so longer without complaint. If you're wavering ...don't, it will be one of the best things you've done for yourself on this bike!!!

Devilish

Here's the link to the review: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5690.0

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read your review this morning. Thanks for the info. I currently have a sportech shield and am thinking of trying the Rifle. Do the extensions cause a mount problem and do you know whether they make a 1" extension or not.

Doc

·
Registered
908 Posts
Reviewed the video by Big Joe on the Kewlmetal site and it looks like something I can do!! :bigthumbsup: Just ordered the 2" risers from them :D Can't wait 8)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I installed the 2" risers last weekend. They are great. I am 6' and have long arms. The 2" risers give me a more comfortable riding position. I feel I now have better control of my bike. I would suggest that when installing the 2" risers that you use a jack to take some of the weight off the front wheel. That way when you remove the upper triple tree cover to relocate the cables, the shock tubes and the stem will line up when you put it back on.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Luvem . Got 2", they took 21 days to get to Mb Canada, but the install wasn't too bad after watchin' Joe's video.My only issue is with the clutch cable it now has too make a rather sharp corner.......or are you guys running it under the plastic steering head cover?
Dave

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
If you go with the Rifle I see no problem with having the risers. I have the Rifle and will be getting the risers this winter. There is so much adjustability built into the shield. I Love mine :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts