M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one try the 3 inch riser extensions? If so, do the plus three cables work for this? and where is the best place to purchase the cables? My catalog only shows stock length for Barrnet? I was going to do the 2 inch as I have the one inch on for the last 10,000 miles but the three inch sound better as I do alot of long stretch runs. and then there is the bake line issue, Ya think there will be enough room after unbolting from the tree?

·
Registered
219 Posts
extensions

I have the 3" extensions adapters that bolt on to the stock set up, I had to replace all my lines except the ignition switch. I had the brake lines made locally (much cheaper than on-line) and bought barnett cables from DLP when they ran a sale. Took my time and all in all wasn't hard to do, just followed how to's from this site. Did spend some money over all to do this mod but it was well worth it. It changes the ride for the better by a bunch! I would highly recommend it!

·
Registered
917 Posts
One of the first mods I did, three plus clutch and three plus throttles. disconnect the "T block" where the stock brake lines bolts into the top tree, removed the little bracket and that's all you need to do. I split a piece of rubber hose and wrapped the "T block" for the brakes just so it wouldn't rub the top tree bracket, it's been like the for almost 60,000 miles no problems.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the first mods I did, three plus clutch and three plus throttles. disconnect the "T block" where the stock brake lines bolts into the top tree, removed the little bracket and that's all you need to do. I split a piece of rubber hose and wrapped the "T block" for the brakes just so it wouldn't rub the top tree bracket, it's been like the for almost 60,000 miles no problems.
I thought the 3 inch just came out, I had only seen the 1 and 2 inch ones.

·
Registered
219 Posts
No the turn signal line was long enough. I had no problems. I did this mod a little over a year ago so 3" have been out at least that long. These are the ones that match the existing stock risers and just bolt over the top of them. I did polish them and they came out real nice!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the turn signal line was long enough. I had no problems. I did this mod a little over a year ago so 3" have been out at least that long. These are the ones that match the existing stock risers and just bolt over the top of them. I did polish them and they came out real nice!
thanks for the info bro! mine is on its way along with platinum barnett cables.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts