M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for awhile for some way to raise the bars/risers up about 4", maybe 5". All of the riser extensions I keep finding are for the bar end of the risers, which give more pullback than rise.

Does anyone know if anyone makes extensions/blocks that mount between the risers and the top tree? Links would be great. Or am I looking for a machine shop instead?

I like the look of the stock risers and bars, so I really don't want to change them out.

Somedays I can find exactly what I'm looking for.....and then there are days like today.....:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I've been comtemplating the same thing. I want my bars up higher, and not so much farther back. Let us know if you find something.

-JOsh

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
Take a look around IntruderAlert, they were talking on there some time ago about doing just that to either M50's or C50's, by putting spacers under the risers. Whatever it was they were doing must have had two bolts per side because I remember seeing pictures with two separate spacers under each riser. We only have the one bolt, so it would be a little different. But basically a block machined to match the profile of the risers and a longer bolt is what you should need.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take a look around IntruderAlert, they were talking on there some time ago about doing just that to either M50's or C50's, by putting spacers under the risers. Whatever it was they were doing must have had two bolts per side because I remember seeing pictures with two separate spacers under each riser. We only have the one bolt, so it would be a little different. But basically a block machined to match the profile of the risers and a longer bolt is what you should need.
My thinkin' as well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Solid feel?

I'm just wondering how solid that would feel with only one long bolt. Might need interlocking pegs/holes at each end too. I'm sure you realize that longer cables and wires will be needed also. Might as well get stainless braided. Starts to add up pretty fast. Ah, the mod bug strikes.........your wallet!
BTW, my 2007 Fat Boy bars are up about that high, and back 5 inches or so too. Just another way to go. Have fun and post photos. Love photos!
Edit
I found this from Gman Industries but it's for the C109. As you can see, it's all one piece. The discussion spoke about the high speed instability of an earlier design. Might want to show this photo to your machinist.

·
Registered
172 Posts
you could just get some longer arms you short little chit

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just wondering how solid that would feel with only one long bolt. Might need interlocking pegs/holes at each end too. I'm sure you realize that longer cables and wires will be needed also. Might as well get stainless braided. Starts to add up pretty fast. Ah, the mod bug strikes.........your wallet!
BTW, my 2007 Fat Boy bars are up about that high, and back 5 inches or so too. Just another way to go. Have fun and post photos. Love photos!
Edit
I found this from Gman Industries but it's for the C109. As you can see, it's all one piece. The discussion spoke about the high speed instability of an earlier design. Might want to show this photo to your machinist.
Appreciate the heads up and the info. Kinda thinkin' the same thing. But I find all over the web riser blocks for Harleys and some of the older Jap cruisers. I figure, if I have a machinist make one, it will be one piece mounted to the top of the tree.

Been searchin' for a set of raised drag bars, just haven't found anything I like. And not lookin' for any type of an "ape-hanger".

Of course, if I find a machinist, might just have him make a set of risers copied off the factory ones, just 4" or so taller at the base. Multiple ways I can see to do it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Appreciate the heads up and the info. Kinda thinkin' the same thing. But I find all over the web riser blocks for Harleys and some of the older Jap cruisers. I figure, if I have a machinist make one, it will be one piece mounted to the top of the tree.

Been searchin' for a set of raised drag bars, just haven't found anything I like. And not lookin' for any type of an "ape-hanger".

Of course, if I find a machinist, might just have him make a set of risers copied off the factory ones, just 4" or so taller at the base. Multiple ways I can see to do it.
You can see something, being that low to the ground?

·
Registered
172 Posts
in that case, send me my box, with my helmet in it. besides, you know you want to stop by

·
Registered
172 Posts
True. And I am. Besides, can't wait to see the look on TSA's face, with a handgun, a helmet, AND a sword in my bag. :eek: :a20:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Guess I'll start saving up for the bail money. When you planning on coming through?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts