M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West Virginia was made for motorcycle riding. God Blessed my friend and I with a 2 day flight (ha ha), to the New River Gorge Bridge on Bridge Day. The bridge is in Beckley, 800' high and was closed down 1 day for base jumpimg. We thought that would be the highlight of the trip, but after 700 mi. of high speed twists, hairpins, curves and some of the greatest vertical ( VERY STEEP ), throtle wide open climbs.....well fantastic is all I can say. By the way the 109 rules on vertical climbs.
This may be old news for some of you, and maybe some are just to far away, but RT. 211 to RT. 33 to RT 60 is the most fun I've had on my 109. It goes thru Seneca Rocks and the Monongahala National Park. I hear it's very scenic but fly'n down and back was so intense we missed most of it. And the best part...... WE DIDN;T SEE ONE POLICE CRUISER!!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I have rafted the gauley river there a couple of times. A very technical class 5 if I remember.
Great deal too, Camp friday and SAt... run the river Sat AM and they give you a steak dinner and 1/2 keg of beer...

mmmmm Beeerr

Sledzep

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am 1 hour away form the New River Gorge Bridge. Comming through Rt. 60 by Hawks Nest is a great ride with the twisties and the grades. It will really give you a chance to find out how well the 109 will handle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts