M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read in some other posts on here about a rattle on the right hand side i found my rattle to go away when i pull the clutch lever in and come back when i let the clutch out. another thing i noticed is when i am cruising my clutch lever has a slight amout of play in it but the harder i accelerate the tighter the clutch lever gets. is this normal? my only other bike is a gsxr 750 and it doesnt do either of the following things i listed. im wonering if i may have a problem or if thats just the way they all are. also one more thing, do all of these bikes clunk real hard when put into 1st gear and when downshifting to 2nd or 1st gear or is that another problem of mine? once again my gsxr doesnt do that and thats the only other bike i have to compare things to besides asking everyone else on here.

·
Registered
661 Posts
thats just the way it is..they all do it..it has to do with the clutching system with the bike,,i put over 4000 miles on mine..and just dont notice it anymore, you will get used to it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome thats what i wanted to hear. i dont care what it does or what it soulds like as long as thats how its supposed to be lol. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
You just need to slow Down more Before Going into First gear Try 10 mph She will Shift Smooth for you Then and If your Going from first to Second Shift it at around 2500 rpms No more and it will also Be smoother She Loves to be short shifted :bigthumbsup: after second Give it He!! :evil: :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

Make sure Your Clutch lever has "Just a Hair" of Play when your Pouring the Throttle to her, this is When it gets its tightest :bigthumbsup: other wise it will be like your Pulling the Lever every time you throttle Up! set it By the book ,I think it says a Half inch,then when you Ride make Sure under load it has the hair i mentioned and you should be good to go :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
silentrider said:
You just need to slow Down more Before Going into First gear Try 10 mph She will Shift Smooth for you Then and If your Going from first to Second Shift it at around 2500 rpms No more and it will also Be smoother She Loves to be short shifted :bigthumbsup: after second Give it He!! :evil: :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

Make sure Your Clutch lever has "Just a Hair" of Play when your Pouring the Throttle to her, this is When it gets its tightest :bigthumbsup: other wise it will be like your Pulling the Lever every time you throttle Up! set it By the book ,I think it says a Half inch,then when you Ride make Sure under load it has the hair i mentioned and you should be good to go :bigthumbsup:
The clutch housing is directly bolted to the Engine on the left side. Thus the movement or change in the clutch play. As the Engine Torques or moves, the play in the handle diminishes accordingly. Silentrider is right on.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Scottchman said:
The clutch housing is directly bolted to the Engine on the left side. Thus the movement or change in the clutch play. As the Engine Torques or moves, the play in the handle diminishes accordingly. Silentrider is right on.
Dittos, plus I am pretty sure there is some play in the front motor mounts from the torque of the engine. My clutch has about 1/4" of play between accelerating and decelerating.

Do a search for Lamosnters engine thread where he talks about the motor mounts when he was tearing down his engine.

Cheers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts