M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to let all concerned,the rifle seems to be the way to go.fitment of hardware and shield are fantastic.you only have to loosen two allen screws to remove it,if you choose.
quiets noise,no buffetting @100+MPH.angles perfectly with the forks and is not very noticable from the sides.
:welcome: :hot: :clap2: :hot: :a18: :hot: :hot: :#1: :hot: :hot:

Action
sorry no pics but they are in search

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
What are the rider dimentions for your bike bro? 8)

As in, Height, guesstimation of weight and type of helmet if you don't mind?

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Saw the other Rifle thread with good pix and he said the same.....think I am going to get one for trips eventually. Thanks for the report..... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just got mine yesterday and installed last night....easy installation.....cannot believe the difference !!!!! It looks great on the bike and is adjustable up and down and angle front to back, you loosen to screws and it's off, but honestly the only time I think that will happen is when I polish the bike. Took out for a ride as soon as everything was tightened up and WOW......no wind in the face....no wind noise in your ears.....no helmet choking you.....no wind pushing you off the seat.....just absolutely amazing what a difference.....best money I spent besides buying the 109 :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just got through ordering mine the other day should be gettting it soon!!! From the comments here, I guess I made a good decision going with the "Rifle". :bigthumbsup: Heck, I even ordered the edge glow in red to match the bike. ;)
I just couldn't see putting the itsy-bitsy thing Suzuki is selling on mine? Way toooo small IMHO.

Don

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Are none of you worried about scratching the paint on the nacelle? It seems to wrap around it pretty tightly. Does it actually touch the nacelle? It seems that no matter how good the hardware is, there will be some vibration/wiggling of the shield. So, what's the verdict? I like that shield, I just don't want to scratch the paint on the nacelle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good point medic, I fitted mine with a quarter inch gap around the nacelle all round it fits perfectly and stays a quarter of an inch away and never touches even at over 200KPH It does not vibrate, it does not move, and it really works. I fell it balances the look of the bike very well and looks stylist not geeky.
The blue enge really goes well with my burple.
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thanks Coriman!!! I have been looking at the rifles since I got my Burple......looks great. I will have its twin shortly!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ditto on the previous reply,,,,,also concerned with the shield scratching the cowling but as said it is very adjustable and the shield itself seems bulletproof it is very well made.....at night the blue edge becomes irradescent with the headlight on....way cool

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good to see you guys using this forum well for mutual benefit. I love my burple and Rifle so here is another pic to help a few more make up their minds.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&Product_ID=2352&CATID=195&Product=SoloShield_X(tm)_for_Suzuki_M-109

Looking at the Price!!!!!! This is an awesome shield at bargain price. I worry alot about taking away from the " lines " on this BEAUTIFUL MACHINE. This shield is less obtrusive / out of place looking than even the small ones at 30% to 60% more. After riding to work this morning at 70 to 80 mph in traffic and 40 degrees, this is for me. Easy to take off too for the cruzin days!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Just ordered mine! Thanks for the good reports guys. I knew after a ride the other day with a good friend of mine that I wanted a windshield, I (being the friend I am) let him ride my bike and I jumped on his 1100 shadow that had a windshield and that was the only thing on that 1100 I lusted over,,, I actually had to twist the throttle a good bit on the 1100 just to get it rolling ::) that's something I'm not used to after just coming off a sportbike and now being on the 109 it seems they want to GO at idle  :bigthumbsup:, plus I commute 64 miles a day so it will come in handy.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Yes the Rifle is by far the best pic we have been waiting for them to put one out since March 06.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just ordered mine. I had them trim 2" off the top. I'll let you know how it works when I get it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
biker-chicky said:
but then again I could just get heated gloves instead,
An interesting finding on keeping your hands warm. I saw this program on TV the other day. I think it was called Ultimate Survival. Basically this guy trains to survive in various situations. This episode was about surviving in extreme cold. There was a Swedish (I think) group of scientists that had been studying the effects of cold and how to best maintain body temp. What they found was that when your core (your chest/trunk) get cold, the blood in your extremities gets shunted to the core, thus making your hands ice cold. They surmised that if you could keep your core temp up, then your hands would not have the blood shunted, and would thus stay warm. They did and experiment with the guy in the program where they put a special heated vest on him under his regular winter outfit. They then put big gloves on him and placed him in a room that was 17 degrees. As soon as he stated he could feel the heat from the vest, they removed his gloves to expose his bare hands to the 17 degree temp and then had him do various dexterity tests and measured the temp of his hands with an infra red camera. It was impressive that his hands stayed at 80 something degrees farenheit for well over 30 minutes with the vest on because the body was tricked into not shunting the blood. This kept the warm core temp blood flowing to his hands, which kept his hands warm even without gloves. Once they turned off the vest, it was almost immediate that his hands began getting very cold. Less than 10 minutes, his times on the dexterity test had dropped well over 100% and kept going down. So, basically, the best way to keep those fingers and toes warm is to buy a good electric heated vest. If you keep your core temp warm, your hands and feet will stay warm. If you just buy heated gloves, it won't make much difference because the blood will get shunted as soon as your temp drops at the core.

Long story short. Buy a heated vest/jacket instead of heated gloves. They cost almost the same anyway, and the vest/jacket will keep your hands warmer than heated gloves will.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I had a "no problem" experience with Extreme Revolution (it didn't involve the Rifle shield).

Has anybody compared the Rifle with the Memphis Shades "Shooter" for effectiveness?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts