M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Have to some measuring and looking back at sizes of the others I have seen... Might be tall enough but not sure ... I want a shield that when I put it on this winter is gonna block a lot of wind.....

If it looks to big then it might work for me... If it looks like it fits it aint gonna block sh*t....

This one is a possibility... thanks for the link...

khrome

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I like it better than the touring windscreen I've already ordered from Suzuki because it is a quick release and adjustable. Unfortunately I think it will need to be this tall to prevent the buffeting I've had with shorter windscreens. I agree it isn't perfect looking but I don't think we are going to find anything great looking that also gives good protection considering the headlight cowl. I know many don't think this bike should have a windscreen, but i go on occasional long trips and don't like fighting the wind cruising at 85mph. Now I need to decide if I should cancel my order for the Suzuki touring screen and get this instead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tall is my issue as well. Living up here in alberta, I want a sheild that stops the bugs and a lot of the wind...I'm 6'5" so I sit pretty tall in the saddle.
Heading out for a ride this am and currently its 10 C....thats about 50 F.

·
Registered
696 Posts
BlackCherry said:
*IF* I were to put a shield on my bike that's the best looking solution so far. But that's a big IF. I'd rather just ride without one. :doorag:
+1...

me 2.... i am not going to put a shield on my bike... say unless i was to ride cross county or something else UNLIKELY.... but this is one of the nicest so far... as far as height.. might be "GOOD" if they offered different sizes.....mjm

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you go to their website, they actually have 2 models that fit the 109. The first one is specifically for our bike. The second one is more of a wider shorter universal model. This is the one where you have to pay extra for the height adjustment and quick disconnect. Also, if you go to the user galleries there are pics of a 109 there with the wider universal one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Huh! It actually does work, in some sort of Harley-esque kind of way. I think I would have to see one in person before deciding...

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm surprised at all of the luke-warm reactions that this shield is getting.

I have the "Shooter", and I'm pretty happy with it. I get a little head buffeting at high speeds (and I DO mean HIGH) -- but with a full-face helmet it is really not a problem. The only real problem is that -- now that I have my Corbin backrest for the pasenger -- she sits back farther, and gets quite a bit of wind back there.

I think this new shield (the one made expressly for the 109) ROCKS -- and I may get one to add to my collection.

AS far is BIGGER goes -- there is a post on this site saying that one guy using the larger Memphis Shades "Hellcat" gave up on it --because it just didn't do what he wanted (even though it was bigger than the Shooter).

I don't know who these guys are who are talking about going without a shield with the 109. I live in Northern Michigan, and we have June bugs up here the size of hummingbirds. You hit one of those at (say) 90 mph and you'll soon change your tune about a windshield. Also, anybody who rides any kind of distance at the 85+ speed range is gonna get awful tired of hanging on before long.

Maybe these guys just use the bike to bop down to the local watering hole (?)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep this is the best looking screen I have seen. Ive just ordered mine with light blue to go on the burple machine with blue edge. They advised 10 day delivery but I expect a little longer to get to New Zealand. Much better shape than the Suzuki one that is still on the way to the dealers, that I now won't have to order.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
tomph1 said:
anybody who rides any kind of distance at the 85+ speed range is gonna get awful tired of hanging on before long.
Maybe these guys just use the bike to bop down to the local watering hole (?)
Nope, I rode my VTX 1800 over 2100 miles in 2 weeks (with a couple of 500+ mile days) without a windshield, and didn't mind the constant 85+ mph winds. Maybe you guys that need the windshield need to workout a little more if it bothers you that much? :p :doorag:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts