M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 red 109 and have a question about Rifle SholoShieldX. I am between 5’9” and 5’10” on the website it lists the height of the windshield to be 20” above the top of the headlight. I would like to look just over the top of the windshield is that possible or do I need to buy it shorter by a couple of inches?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hemicharger said:
I just purchased a 2007 red 109 and have a question about Rifle SoloshieldX. I am between 5’9” and 5’10” on the website it lists the height of the windshield to be 20” above the top of the headlight. I would like to look just over the top of the windshield is that possible or do I need to buy it shorter by a couple of inches?
You can order it cut shorter. I am 5'11 and the way I have it mounted, just above the top of the nacelle so there is no chance of scratching, I have to look through it unless I sit really upright and then I can peer over it.
The beauty of this windshield is it is pretty much infinitely adjustable for angle and height. My first setting sitting down further, sitting about an inch away from the nacelle and about 4 inches down created buffeting but now it is great. I will take a photo tomorrow to show. I still might move it around to try more positions and see if I can get it down lower.

Your sitting height is more relevant than your standing height when comparing. If you are short legs, long trunk then you might be OK. Otherwise I would probably order 2 inches shaved from it if you want to be sure of seeing over it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have a full size solo shield, it is adjustable several inches up and down also forward and back. There is on setting I tried mine at and being 6'1" I could see over it a few inches so it'll probably be close for you, but you can order them from Rifle and they'll cut a couple of inches off for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey, I'm 5' 10" and the top my rifle will hit me about 1" above my eyes. But I can raise it or lower it. It has the most adjustment of any shield I have ever owned. Does a great job of diverting the wind :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is one beauty of a bike, love the red!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
m109okie said:
Hey, I'm 5' 10" and the top my rifle will hit me about 1" above my eyes. But I can raise it or lower it. It has the most adjustment of any shield I have ever owned. Does a great job of diverting the wind :bigthumbsup:

Has the mounting harware/bracket changed? I thought I had an early rifle (Maybe thats not the name but the smalest one from Memphis Shades) and its mounting hardware & bracket is completely different.

Chuck

·
Registered
306 Posts
Chuck said:
Has the mounting harware/bracket changed? I thought I had an early rifle (Maybe thats not the name but the smalest one from Memphis Shades) and its mounting hardware & bracket is completely different.

Chuck
We're not talking Memphis Shades here: Rifle is the brand name.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Riffle SoloShieldX

Does anyone have pictures of this on their M109? I'm trying to decide between the VStream and the SoloShieldX.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got the Rifle...love the easy on and off! I usually ride without it everywhere around home, but it makes a huge difference when you ride for the whole day, takes a ton of strain off on the highway. I'm 6'3" and I don't have any complaints...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts